Bargain Thread 2017

Rejoice! Nitroplus Blasterz: Heroine’s Infinite Duel is $9 on PSN!

Part of me always wanted that since Saya from Saya no Uta is in it. Ein and Al Azif too. Nitro+ has made some of my favorite VN’s.

If you like fighting games and Nitroplus (or just like one of the guest characters), that one is well worth the $9. Very solid anime fighter from the Arcana Heart devs, with all kinds of hilarious grime to dig into if you’re that kind of player.

Come get some.

Is it goooooooood?

Gremlins, Inc. – The Governor Edition $17.25 for Humble Subscribers.

Is the complete edition worth it? I saw the stand alone game is $6.74 for Humble Subscribers.

Yeah, good game to unwind and relax to.

The Governor Edition adds only cosmetic stuff. The devs charge only for cosmetic additions, not gameplay additions (such as new cards), which are always free so as not to fracture the player base. It’s a great game and well worth the money!

well, i cant seem to ever say no to a twin stick shooter, especially at that price. count me in.

Tom Clancy’s The Division is on sale for 50% off w/ promo code 032748HR198 at Newegg. This is the retail boxed version with $1.99 Shipping (restrictions apply). Sale Ends in 16 Hours, which should be about 4 a.m. March 29th.

Chivalry: Medieval Warfare is free on Steam to keep as long as you grab it during the next couple of hours. It’s a promo for the upcoming Mirage: Arcane Warfare.

Sounds like a great deal but it’s still multi-player only, isn’t it?

Yeah multi only. It it does have a tutorial on how to fight and defend yourself with bots. Keep in mind this game is populated primarily with die hard players who have thousands of wizard hours logged and as such be prepared to die a lot to these basement dwellers. The game has a steep learning curve with regards to weapon manipulation and timing of moves so don’t go in expecting to win via button mashing.

I don’t play it a hear days but one of the best things about the game is the deliciously retarded voice play that I haven’t experienced since Tribes 1 and 2. Whoever did the voice for the men at arms avatar would be a real hoot to have a beer with.

There’s a multiplayer bundle on Humble right now - I’m not much of a multiplayer person though - a little bit of L4D and Alien Swarm - but would things like Helldivers or Rampage Knights still work well solo/AI or with randoms?
(edit for games)
$1:
Tricky Towers
Eon Alter
Primal Carnage: Extinction

BTA:
Move or Die
Ultimate Chicken Horse
Rampage Knights

$10:
Helldivers
Helldivers Ranger DLC

I played Helldivers with randos and it was great fun. The multiplayer mechanic (calling in a drop pod) works really well for pubbing.

And in my opinion it’s worth it for Tricky Towers alone.

Well, Maia is 55% off on itch.io. You get a Steam key too. Be warned that there’s no guarantee the game will ever be finished.

Edit: I haven’t played this yet, and TBH I’m not sure how much of a game is here yet. It’s been in development so long already that now it has to compete with similar games like Oxygen Not Included and Rimworld.

Anyway, I’m a sucker for this sort of game, so I picked it up.

Impressions?

The SquareEnix Surprise Box revealed this morning… woof. I’m not expecting Nier but everything in the NA bundle was in a past surprise box:

• Hitman Absolution
  • Lara Croft & The Guardian of Light
  • The Last Remnant
  • Murdered: Soul Suspect
  • Dungeon Siege 3

Bought the humble bundle just to give Helldivers a whirl finally since I missed it on the Steam holiday sale.

I’ll be trying to spread some democracy this weekend hopefully.

Huh, that sucks. No way this is worth the 80 bucks advertised. I got Murdered for one buck in a sale and Lara Croft for “free” with PSN subscription.