Bargain Thread 2017

If it had included the current Hitman then maybe it would have been worth Square’s hype, but that’s pretty much a fail IMO.

Ouch. Yeah, that’s a $25 retail value bundle tops. Every single game in there has been $5 or less on sale or bundled previously. They really needed a much stronger headliner in the set…

Leap of Fate for $4

A game so good it prompted Tom Chick himself to post on the Steam forums castigating the developers for lack of save functionality - which was swiftly patched in. ;)

They also just added widescreen support today, which they previously stated was intentionally omitted because it made the game too easy (which it does). I preferred the 4:3 gameplay, but there doesn’t appear to be an option to get it back for widescreen users.

The iOS version of Leap Of Fate is on sale too (uh… I think) for $1.99.

Hey, is this Star Deal for Gas Guzzlers Extreme on Bundlestars any good? https://www.bundlestars.com/en/game/gas-guzzlers-extreme-gold-pack

Don’t think I’ve heard of this before.

It’s a fun game. Worth the price.

Thanks for the heads up on Leap of Fate. I must have added it to my Wishlist when Tom was streaming it but it didn’t ring a bell even after watching the stream again. It did push a lot of my buttons though so I picked it up this weekend and it is fantastic. I like the whole package the atmosphere, interface, gameplay all of it. A well spent $3.99.

Massive Chalice is 2 magic beans on GOG, along with a bunch of other worthy titles.

If you don’t have it, get it now. I was right about the comet!

I finally had patience and it paid off. Axes and Acres can be had for $2 as part of this bundle at Bundlestars.

Well worth it.

The developer of Axes and Acres brought one of his other games, Militia, over to iOS as a test to see how it would do.mif it does well, they will consider others.

Militia by Brett Lowey

@tgb123 just grabbed Massive Chalice

From the screenshot it seems like a good fit. I sometimes use my wife’s iPad, but I’d just grab it from Steam I think. Always good to have some iPad options for a long car trip or something though.

I’m honestly not crazy about it. It’s solid, but not something that compels me to keep going back to it. I’ve heard great things about Axes and Acres, though, so hope it does well enough they want to port more things.

I don’t see how $2 as part of a large bundle can be doing well enough…what is the percentage of sales you think?

The iOS offering has nothing to do with that. I brought it up because a fan of their games might be interested.

Yeah I think I missed the context - sorry.

No big. It was tangential.

Monster Slayers is on sale for $6.29 at GamersGate. It deserves to be bought.

I’m confused, I threw it in my cart and it says “Windows PC only”, while on Steam it shows as both Mac and Windows compatible.