Bargain Thread 2017

Seasons are coming to the console version. I believe it got the Diablo 1 dungeon this month, too. It plays amazingly well on PS4.

Toys R Us has Guitar Hero Live for all platforms $20 each. I figure that’s got to be the bottom possible price for that, considering it contains the guitar controller needed to play the game.

It’s a ton of fun. I love the guitar and how they split the buttons. The fmv stuff is dumb but I like the model of buying or earning plays instead of buying songs.

For those of you who want to pick up Blacksea Odyssey, one of Tom’s games of the year, it is currently in an indiegala bundle for a mere 3 Trump bucks:

https://www.indiegala.com/odyssey

Buy buy buy!

Any opinions on the following titles as we go into the final weekend of the Matrix sale?

Piercing Fortress Europa
Sovereignty: Crown of Kings
Polaris Sector

I feel the need to spend money :)

I was in the closed beta for Sovereignty, and at the time I thought it was a very good war game that didn’t try to be a MoM clone. It was a lot closer to the old SSI game Fantasy Empires.

The lore is very rich and every faction plays differently. The problem is once it went into Open Access, the developers lost sight of what they were doing, and started to listen to the Steam forumites, who wanted it to play likse a bog-standard 4X. I still haven’t played it since (it’s been about a year), so it may have changed direction again, but I’m hoping the released version (still not out after something like 4 or 5 years in development) lives up to the potential of the original design.

I don’t know how helpful any of that was, but there you go.

Polaris Sector is decent, if unremarkable.

Thanks both! Appreciate it!

I got Sovereignty recently, and it bugged out during the tutorial, so I’m sitting on it for now.

Agreed. I found the ship range/fuel system tedious and frustrating. Shelved it after a few hours.

SCoK’s tactical AI needs work. It failed to defend criticle locations. I’m waiting for final release.

Xcom 2 is in the monthly bundle, you can subscribe for $12.

Temple of Elemental Evil board gameis going on sale for Prime members at 7:44 PM. The price below is not the sale price.

Thanks – Just grabbed it at the sale price, about $8 off. You do not need to be a Prime member (I’m not).

EDIT: Deal is over.

Get it.

Worth every penny. All 99 of them.

I can’t see what I am supposed to be getting. :(

Marlow Briggs and the Mask of Death on Steam.

Deus Ex Go and Lara Croft Go are free on Amazon Underground.

Bundle Star has Beholder for $3.99. Interesting game, reminds me of paper please vibe. As you are playing a spying landlord in a repressive State, you are spying on your neighbor for the state, but also need to look after your own family.