Bargain Thread 2017

This is testing my resolve and I’m not really a Total War fan

It’s less than $10 and all of the DLC is also 75% off. I have Warhammer TW and haven’t even finished a campaign and am probably more likely to enjoy the Warhammer one over Rome. The smaller campaigns in the DLCs appeals to me more than the grand campaign though. So far I’ve been good this year about not buying games I really don’t have a strong desire for. I’ve come close to buying this several times. Maybe I’ll just go to bed and then I can’t buy anything. It’s a flash sale, so it’s only good for around 3 more hours.

It’s not worth it. Snap out of it son! slap

Actually it runs for 3 more DAYS. Time to wake up and buy some games! ;-)

Honestly though, that’s a fantastic price on both the base game and the DLC. I may be a bit biased because I’ve been a Total War fanboi since the original Rome came out, but Rome 2 is easily my second favorite title in the series (behind only Medieval 2, and mostly because the mods for Medieval 2 were incredible). The Emperor Edition update did a lot to fix the issues the game launched with, and it’s a now a solid title worthy of your time. The DLC for Rome 2 is all fantastic.

Noooooooo! I thought I was in the clear!

(post withdrawn by author, will be automatically deleted in 24 hours unless flagged)

A bunch of $1 games over at Bundlestars, including the original Realms of Arkania trilogy which was quite good, and the recent Blade of Destiny,remake, which wasn’t.

I seem to remember Tom giving GemCraft high praise, maybe even on the front page, so I’ll probably check that out.

Sometimes these bundles remind me of Mortgage Backed Securities…you have to ask - What are they hiding?

Bundlestars has a Star Deal going on Neon Chrome, which got good buzz IIRC: https://www.bundlestars.com/en/game/neon-chrome?utm_source=Bundle%20Stars%20Newsletter&utm_campaign=e20596363e-Neon_StarDeal_05_01_2017&utm_medium=email&utm_term=0_3437eaaeba-e20596363e-423545313&mc_cid=e20596363e&mc_eid=3e13f9d27e

I’m intrigued, but I need to check if it’s been in any Humble Bundles recently–don’t want to rebuy if I’ve got an unredeemed key out there somewhere.

Edit: Sorry for the unsightly link: I’m on mobile.

Neon Chrome is GREAT, highly recommended.

Seconded

Yes, Neon Chrome is the newest twin-stick shooter (with destructible environments) from the folks that brought you Crimsonland. That should be all you need to know to press BUY NOW.

The only bundles it has been in are the Humble Monthly from January and a special on Chrono.gg. $5.99 at Bundlestars is the lowest recorded price yet.

So many twin stick shooters. Someone should make a top ten list to help us poor, indecisive posters out. Oh if only someone had the skills to do so!

Clearly you just buy them all. Duh.

Eh, I probably already have. Who can keep track?

Not me, it takes all my efforts just to keep track of space games (and who knew that’d be a thing five years ago?).

Give them all your monies! This is a good bundle!

If Curious Expedition was in the BTA I’d be all over it. SuperMega Baseball is awesome, but I have it.

Oooh, that reminds me, I bought deadly tower of monsters months ago and never installed it. Gotta fix that.

Seconded. Curious Expedition is $15 retail. I have zero interest in Stephen’s Sausage Roll (which doesn’t mean it’s not great, it just means I don’t like those kind of puzzle games), so paying $10 for Curious Expedition isn’t really a deal for me personally. I am also interested in UnderRail, but again, even at $5 for the BTA, it’s only $15 retail so I can wait for a Steam Sale. The rest of the bundle holds little of interest to me. I have little doubt that UnderRail and Curious Expedition will both be in future Humble Monthly bundles and/or included in another bundle somewhere paired with games I am more interested in.

My backlog wins this round…