Bargain Thread 2017

Tough crowd in here today. ;)

If it’s any consolation I think it’s a fantastic bundle ;)

I’d speculate that you won’t get that kind of deal on Stephen’s Sausage Roll for a long time. If, you know, brutally hard but meticulously designed puzzle games are your thing.

I’d be all over that BTA tier for Underrail if I hadn’t already picked up Hacknet. The other games don’t interest me much, except for Deadly Tower of Monsters.

I don’t think I’ve seen a single game show up in a Humble Monthly after showing up in another bundle, though I’ve seen plenty of Humble Monthly games show up in other bundles later.

This seems like a crazy deal…
Tides of Numenera for $13.

• CDKeys does take advantage of regional pricing, but I don’t think they are involved in anything else that is shady.

CDKeys gets lumped in with real questionable sites like Kinguin for some reason, but I think they’re pretty legit. I’ve never had an issue with anything I’ve bought form them.

They headlined the Witness in a monthly directly after putting it in the Freedom Bundle.

It must have been pretty rare though since they gave people credit if they already owned it.

I would guess it was some sort of scheduling goof or something. But still.

You know, I’ve even been playing The Witness and I forgot about it.

That said, yeah, it’s the only time it’s happened, and it was a combination of a high-dollar bundle (as opposed to this one, where the top tier is still less than the price of one monthly bundle) and them giving store credit back for people who bought the other bundle.

Yeah, I’m just saying they made good on that. They typically don’t “cross the streams” so to speak.

That’s a great humble bundle. I really enjoyed They Bleed Pixels in the bottom tier. I don’t usually like hardcore platformers / Meat Boys, but this one has an easy mode that’s still frustrating & satisfyingly fun.

Golden week sale on Playstation North America. 200+ things in the store discounted.

I bought a handful of Star Wars pinball tables & Steins Gate (3$ with PS+).

Atelier Shallie got added to PS Now. I’ll probably resubscribe to play that & finish Eschalogy. Support for the program will be ending in a couple months on everything that isn’t Windows or PS4.

After being hyped all this time by the Stephen’s Sausage Roll thread, it had been a long time since I was this quick to succumb to an impulse purchase desire.

It’s embarrassing how much better of an arcade baseball experience Super Mega Baseball is than the officially licensed RBI Baseball. Well worth the dollar buy-in. Sequel later this year.

I think anything with the words “super” and “mega” in the title means you’re dealing with something special. I’m in.

That bundle has prompted me to seek my first ever Steam refund - I bought The Curious Expedition for $12 a little over a week ago, so if I can get that refund I can get that -and- a bunch of other stuff (about half of which I already have admittedly) for less. And if I can’t then I guess I’ll stick with the bottom tier since Deadly Tower of Monsters is on my wishlist and $1 for that ain’t half-bad. I already have most of the BTA tier, and don’t expect to like Stephen’s Sausage Roll at all because I hate the living shit out of Sokoban. But I guess we’ll see.

Lemme think about this.

1. Always wanted to try Underrail.
  2. Today is my birthday and wife/daughter are both out. Just me and the dogs at home.
  3. Always was curious about Curious Expeditions and its only $4 more than the Underrail BTA.
  4. I own and love Crashlands on iOS and it allows cross platforms saves (I think)
  5. Did I mention today was my birthday?

What great timing!

Happy Birthday TylerToo!

Many happy returns of the day and all that!

How many is it, more or less?