Bargain Thread 2017

Oxenfree is excellent, everybody should go grab it.

It took me about 7.5 hours. I think the shooting felt great. I also thought the story was really good. I don’t regret the $60 I spent on launch.

This is the latest variation of the Settlers formula, by the guys who did Settlers 2 (plus the remake a decade later) and the Cultures series including 8th World Wonder or what the spin-off was called.

I played the first level of Valhalla Hills and wasn’t impressed. It feels like an early access game, except it’s not.

I got it as part of a Humble bundle for something like $1. I played the first two levels, got bored, and uninstalled.

I didn’t care for it all. I think the controls were a bit too annoying from what I remember.

That’s about how much I paid to rent it, and it was not worth my time.

Thanks. Giving 1886 a pass, then.

1886 is probably worth a few bucks, but it really depends if it is worth your time.

Now, i didn’t actually finish the game, so my experience is limited but that also goes to indicate some of my feelings on the game too probably.

The combat is decently done but bog standard console cover shooter.

The story is slightly above average but not great. I did hear the ending was not good, but never got there myself.

The graphics were exceptional for the time of release, but may feel less special if you have played some newer ps4 titles (horizon zero dawn) or have a high end pc.

So i think the game is worth $5, but realistically i don’t think i am ever going to finish it because there are SO many MUCH better games out there to play that i haven’t played yet. YMMV

GreenManGaming Birthday sale is in Day 3 now.

Sid Meier’s Civ VI is $28.80 when you use the code 7YEARS to get an additional 20% off the already discounted price.

Warhammer 40K : Dawn of War III is also $28.80 with the code and discount.

BundleStars Star Deal Day 5 is The Alien Isolation Collection for $8.89 (82%). Lowest price yet on the whole collection.

Finally, Humble Store has a whole bunch of publisher sales happening, including Bethesda, Kalypso, 2K Games, THQ Nordic, Frontier and WB. Lots of stuff on decent discounts.

For example, I may be the only person interested in this one, but Shadows : Heretic Kingdoms is part of the Kalypso sale and is only $4.99(75%), or $4.49 if you’re a Humble Monthly Subscriber. This is a game that rarely goes on sale despite being over 2 years old.

Voucher doesn’t work on DoW3, so its $35.99 , which is still freaking 40% off. The game is freaking 2 weeks old…

Well, I keep hearing that the single-player campaign bites, and that the rest is pretty MOBA-fied, which a lot of people aren’t crazy about.

Reception to Dow3 is… mixed. Not super surprised to see it down this low so soon personally.

Did you play far enough to get to the bridge in 1886? That’s the one time they really let you go to town with the awesome novelty weapons so it’s worth playing that far at least. I think the visuals hold up quite well. Still one of the cleanest looking games out there. It has full 4X MSAA plus an ahead of its time reduction in shader aliasing which many games still fail at. Really amazing performance capture as well.

PSN has a flash sale going now in addition to the Sony Santa Monica and Ubisoft sales. I picked up Risk of Rain for $3.49 which is Vita/PS4 cross-buy. I also grabbed the Aliens/Predator Zen Pinball pack for $4.

A heads up to all who have not yet bought the game Alan Wake on PC. Due to music licensing issues, it’s going away after Monday I think. Steam will have it on sale for three dollars starting tomorrow. Don’t know what if anything GOG is doing.

Bro, do you even Qt3 at all? ;)

Ah, serves me right for not checking the front page every day. :-)

This looks like a good deal for Shadows of Mordor 2. If anyone gets a coupon code from Bundle Stars and doesnt intend to use it I’d gladly take it off your hands!

Hey, Qt3ers, here are a couple of deals of note, at least for US residents: for those wishing to enter the Assassin/Templar fray in Revolutionary France, the Uplay store has the Windows version of Assassin’s Creed Unity on sale for $12, and the continuing adventures of Adam Jensen in the dystopian cyber-future of Deus Ex: Mankind Divided can be played for a mere 15 bucks on Steam.

Not too shabby.

I like this method of telling us about Bargains. Bravo!