Bargain Thread 2017

A steal at that price.

I had fun with it too, and it’s super cheap. But I did not finish because I found the shooting mechanic unwieldy. It tries to approximate the motions of cocking the rifle before shooting so you have to engage two actions to fire. That gets really old when you’re outnumbered by enemies that can move like ninjas. Or maybe it’s just me that’s too old to play games like that :-)

Fantasy Heroes 2 Bundle is live at BundleStars.com. $1.49 first week intro price. Nice little bundle that contains:

• We Are The Dwarves
  • Hero of the Kingdom II
  • Consortium
  • Two Worlds 2 : Velvet Edition
  • King’s Bounty : Dark Side
  • Konung 3 : Ties of the Dynasty
  • Enclave
  • Septerra Core

We Are The Dwarves is a steal at $1.49. The rest of the bundle is gravy, several good games in there, most of which you likely already own, but if not they make a nice bonus to the deal on Dwarves.

355 Weeklong Deals on Steam today.

• Sins of a Solar Empire : Rebellion is $9.99
  • Imperium Galactica II is $4.99 (supposedly has updated hi-res graphics now?)
  • and I can’t list any others because Steam appears to be freaking out for me and won’t display any additional pages of the Weeklong Deals…

Wow, just the latest King’s Bounty for 1,50$ is a steal.

Great if you’ve never tried the series. I’ve played the ones before, though, and they are so similar each time and time-consuming that I’ll pass.

BundleStars.com hits again today with the Vanguard Bundle (note : Does not actually contain Vanguard) for $2.49.

• The Keep
  • Chicken Invaders 5
  • XLarn
  • The Rivers of Alice - Extended Version
  • Vertigo Void
  • Ghost Cleaner
  • Power Overwhelming
  • Dead in Bermuda
  • HoPiKo
  • Jelly Killer

The Keep is like Legend of Grimrock Light with real-time combat, and I hear good things about Dead in Bermuda. XLarn is a pretty cool nostalgia throwback.

As mentioned in the GOG thread, their Summer Sale has begun. Be sure to check out GOG Connect too, as FORTY games have been added today! If you own any of them on Steam, you now own them on GOG as well provided you activate them via Connect in the next 14 days.

Looks like Humble just dropped a big Sekai Project Bundle Lots of anime visual novels (at least I think they are all visual novels) in three tiers. The Game On Bundle ends in about three hours, but I don’t think we’ll see another games bundle to replace it since this one dropped today already.

-Maia-

3 1/2 years in Early Access with little progress and a 45% Steam Rating. I think I will skip that one despite my love of base building.

It really is impressive how little progress has been made with Maia. I mean it was kickstarted in 2012.

Yeah. Played it for a bit but shelved it to await fixes. Still awaiting.

Better than SpaceVenture!

:-(

Outland is free on Steam for the next 48 hours

I played it a bit a year or so ago, it was a nice action-adventure game. The Ikaruga of Metroidvanias.

Yeah, I followed this one and it was never finished. I wouldn’t rush out for this at almost any price.

So weird - the guy was in the Times top 50 young important people under 40 or some such, and everyone lauded him and his game. Now - it seems stuck in development hell.

Sometimes, I wish that there were some way for older developers /Project leads to pass on their hard won insights and experience to the younger generation, instead of hiding it in the name of competition.

Is it hard to bring a project to completion? Sure. But as far as software development goes, the type of project management knowledge and techniques to bring a project to market are known, if people wish to apply them. It’s not like it’s some sort of mystical information passed down from father to child.

But it’s hard… most of the time pushing that project across the finish line involves making hard decisions. Not doing things you want to do. Compromising on designs. Spending time getting that annoying hard-to-find problem fixed. And I think most of the time people in this situation don’t want to be reigned in. Especially when you’re a small or indie developer. Because that last 10% of the project is not the fun part. Nevertheless, it’s a part that has to get done.

New SEGA Genesis Classics Pick-A-Mix Bundle live on BundleStars.com.
$1.49 for 3 games, $2.99 for 10 games, $3.99 for 20.
43 different games to choose from.

I’m tempted by this one because in addition to the usual SEGA fighting games and arcade favorites there are quite a few old Genesis RPGs in the mix : Phantasy Star II, III & IV, Shining in the Darkness, Light Crusader and Sword of Vermillion are all present. On the other hand, I already have more modern games than I will likely ever have time to play, so when the hell am I going to go back and replay ancient 16-bit RPGs?

Nier: Automata on PS4 is 50$ CAD at Best Buy Canada. That’s a 30$ rebate compared to last week.

http://www.bestbuy.ca/en-ca/product/nier-automata-ps4/10380418.aspx

No Man’s Sky also had a huge price drop lately; it’s now 30$ CAD on some Amazon stores.

https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B00ZQAWUUW/ref=s9u_simh_gw_i2?ie=UTF8&pd_rd_i=B00ZQAWUUW&pd_rd_r=7TZQNASSTWT9HT8VH3J1&pd_rd_w=XWKlb&pd_rd_wg=LaNvO&pf_rd_m=A3DWYIK6Y9EEQB&pf_rd_s=&pf_rd_r=ZRBHMW8YGHXETC5FTS33&pf_rd_t=36701&pf_rd_p=b06971ce-9992-44c1-9ee0-eb9792e71b5e&pf_rd_i=desktop

Paid like $15 for a used copy of No Mans from Gamelfy awhile ago and still felt like I got ripped off.

The UPlay shop is having a big E3 sale with some historical low prices. You can grab The Crew and/or DLC for fairly cheap.

http://store.ubi.com/us/home/

Battleborn is down to < $10 for a physical copy, on Amazon . (PC, PS4,XBONE)

https://www.amazon.com/Battleborn-PC/dp/B00LO53H0A/ref=sr_1_1_twi_gam_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1496940322&sr=8-1&keywords=battleborn&th=1

GMG E3 sale is live :

https://www.greenmangaming.com/e3-2017/