Bargain Thread 2017

Not much there. Seems like a trick to get me to follow their E3 coverage.

Humble Ocean’s Day Bundle brings you a live stream of GamersForOrcas and for a $10 donation you will receive Steam keys for:

• Abzu
  • Brothers - A Tale of Two Sons
  • Aquaria
  • Underwater Adventure
  • Riptide GP : Renegade
  • Submerged
  • Guns of Icarus Online
  • NEO Aquarium - King of Crustaceans
  • World of Diving
  • SEGA MegaDrive Classics - Columns
  • SEGA MegaDrive Classics - Columns III

All proceeds benefit Whale and Dolphin Consevation

Viking-themed strategy game Northgard is $14.79 (26%) at BundleStars.com. That’s the lowest price I’ve seen on it yet.

Dungeon Rushers Deluxe Edition is the Star Deal today for $7.99 (60%), but from recent Steam reviews it sounds like the game may not be worth even that much.

Where do I file a complaint with Humble? This game takes place in the sky.

But they are boats in the sky. So the sky then in theory is the ocean. ;)

For a limited time you can get a free (permanently retained) copy of Payday 2 on Steam. Limit of 5 million copies.

Thanks for the heads up. Free is almost always good. :)

Regarding Payday 2:

I should note that the long list of DLC is currently non purchasable. You will see “N/A” next to every item except for free ones.

That is because all DLC is being packaged with an Ultimate Edition of the game coming soon and all future DLC will be free for that edition.

No kidding. They make it sound like a site-wide sale and it’s maybe 12 titles.

And one of them is Rage.

I’m noticing this trend of giving games away free to entice you to try it and buy the DLC.

Trying to sell DLC at least makes some sense. But then you have things like Outland being free on Steam a couple of days ago. As far as I can tell, it was purely an attempt at marketing the preorder for Nex Machina. It’s a bit sad when such a marvelous game has so little commercial value that giving it away for free in such a desperate marketing campaign is the best option.

It seems that I won’t have to worry about DLC. I keep getting the message: Fatal Error. Steam must be running to play this game!

I’ve uninstalled the game and reinstalled. Run it as admin. A few people have said this happens if the game is pirated. Obviously this is not the case. Oh well.

Not quite a bargain but I just logged in to Uplay and the client is offering free weekends for Steep, The Division, and Trials Fusion.

UPlay is having a big E3 sale though.

Refurbished WiiU (32gb) from Nintendo. They probably won’t get any cheaper, given the relatively small production run.

Thanks for linking that. I’ve been casually looking for an inexpensive WiiU but most of the prices seem too high for my taste. This just might be the sweet spot.

Looking at that reminds me of when I used to go to this little boutique computer game store in my little town where the owner used to proudly show off the 3DO. It had already died off and there would never be any more games for it. But he had the 3DO, and he had a copy of Star Control 2, and the pair of those was always so tempting to me.

Similarly with the WiiU and Super Mario 3D World. So tempting, but just like I resisted the 3DO, I shall resist the WiiU. RIP.

One wonders how many WiiU games will end up on Switch. MK8 and BotW already are, and Pokken and Splatoon are getting quick sequels. I would not be surprised to see Bayonetta 2 get a Switch release, same for the ‘lesser’ WiiU franchise games featuring Kirby, Yoshi, Starfox,and Paper Mario.

That leaves the real oddball stuff, like Tokyo Mirage Sessions, Captain Toad, Wonderful 101, and Xenoblade X. But then I might have included Bayonetta 2 in that list, so…

I’m not sure Xenoblade X will see a Switch release, as Xenoblade 2 is out this year (hopefully). One port you missed that I think we may see, is Super Smash Bros!

Don’t know how great these bargains are, but Origin is having a sale–mostly 50% off on stuff, including Mirror’s Edge Catalyst for $9.99 and Titanfall 2 for $19.99:

https://www.origin.com/usa/en-us/store/deals/infinitegaming

Barely 2 months old and Mass Effect Andromeda is already half off. Brutal.