Bargain Thread 2017

So isthereanydeal.com informs me that Forza Horizons 3 Ultimate (that’s the version name IIRC) digital code is temporarily 70 bucks vs 100 on Amazon. Does that sound like a deal? I don’t think it includes the latest DLC (the Hot Wheels one).

Yeah the ultimate edition doesn’t include expansions, it includes all available car packs.

There is still no way I can see to upgrade my Forza Horizon 3 game to the deluxe edition, is there? I have quite a lot of spare money on my MS account (Generously given me by MS after they restored my account due to hacking), and this is one game I would love to upgrade - I just find it a bit silly to purchase the full deluxe edition, thus purchasing it twice?

Well I just bought the season pass for Xbox for half off, since it’s Play Anywhere that deal should work for pc too I would think?

If you contact customer support they might give you a refund for your current version so you can purchase the higher version.

Yep, everything you can buy for Play Anywhere titles will work across both Xbox and PC.

Thanks @LMN8R - I hadn’t thought of that, but will try just that!

Bundle Stars sent out a new round of 30% coupons for Mordor. Since I signed up after the first round I got the code last night and preordered. I was gonna hold out to get it on Xbox 1 X for HDR but this is too tempting.

Medal of Honor Pacific Assault is currently free at Origin.

Thank you, I will check that out.

I logged into Origin to claim Pacific Assault and got a note that Dead in Bermuda had also been added to my library. Not sure why.

New low price of $15 on the Steam Link – expect it to be the same via Steam proper (but with a shipping charge) when the sale starts today. Controller is also on sale for $35.

https://smile.amazon.com/Steam-Link/dp/B016XBGWAQ/

Damn. I just picked up both a few weeks back for 55 I think. At that price, I might buy a second link, even though I haven’t used it much yet.

$15 is a great price for something to fiddle around with a few times and then stash in your closet! :-P

Bonus points if you also pick up the Steam controller and love spending 2 hours setting it up and tuning it every time you start a new game.

I actually use my Link all the time. Sir.

I know it works for some people (and that’s awesome) but the Steam Link and Controller are some of my biggest purchase regrets of the last few years. I find it more trouble than it is worth for a subpar experience. I guess it’s a big YMMV product. When I used it I found I would rather be playing the PC game I was streaming on my PC with KB+M or just natively playing my Xbox One on my TV with a far superior controller.

The key, I feel, is using a wired connection with the Link. Wifi rarely cuts it.

I feel exactly the same way… about the controller. Decent concept, but too much of a pain in the ass to deal with – and a couple questionable design decisions (moving the face buttons, no second stick) that made me shelf it not long after buying. The back paddles were great; I hope everyone follows their and Microsoft’s lead and makes them standard going forward but that’s the only nice thing I can really say about the controller. Love the Link though.

Which means I have to run cable through my house, and I’m not handy (come by it honestly, as my dad wasn’t either). I wonder if I can pay someone to install it…

Reddit reporting in on a Amazon Summer Sale:

Some folks have luck with powerline networking. I actually have an ethernet cable snaked along the floorboards from the living room to the office in the apartment, works great.