Bargain Thread 2017

It does spam the middle of your screen with “Drazzt got a coolnewthing from a lockbox!”, though. At least it did back in 2013.

Still does. Constantly. No way to turn off or disable.

Sucks. That really turned me off. I don’t mind floating them a couple bucks, but I really found that annoying.

For the record, the descriptions on the Bundlestars page turn out to be somewhat misleading.

1. The text for the Gelatinous Cube makes it out to be a mount, but it’s a companion. This is why the 7.49 tier exists - you’re not getting any sort of mount in the first two tiers. This actually makes more sense - you would look real weird riding a gelatinous cube - and the title does suggest that it’s a companion, they just have the wrong effect text for it.
  2. The $25 tier says it’s a Knight of the Feywild “supplies pack”, which is a lootbox that contains the described contents. But it does appear to be the full $60 Knight of the Feywild pack that you would buy in the in-game store or on the game website. This is important because, while the bundle page does not say so, it comes with a character slot and unlocks the exclusive Moon Elf race that is only available in that pack. And it doesn’t even really tell you so in game - the character slot is fairly obvious, but the race unlock is not notified or obvious in the character creation screen - there’s still a cash shop icon on it and everything. But if you go to create the character, it’ll let you instead of linking to how to buy it.

All Stars 9 Bundle for 72h, $1.89 canadian, contains the excellent Monster Slayers.
At that price doesn’t matter if there are 8 more games.

Of Orcs And Men
One More Dungeon
Good Robot
Shadow Blade: Reload
FORCED: Slightly Better Edition
Gryphon Knight Epic
Gray Matter
Zombie Vikings
Any other games worth playing in there?

Gryphon Knight Epic was on my wishlist after getting recommended recently in a shmup thread.

Good Robot is fantastic.

Gray Matter is a decent point and click. Not great, but if that’s your thing.

whoa, monster slayers is GOOD. thanks for the heads up

Bundle Stars is killing it with BundleFest this time around. The Spotlight Bundle features 12 Steam Games for $2.99.

• Tempest
  • King of Dragon Pass
  • Novus Inceptio
  • Tavernier
  • Battle Fleet 2
  • Chime Sharp
  • Warhammer Quest
  • Squareface
  • Dark Train
  • NotGTAV
  • NotCoD
  • Loot Hound

$3 for Tempest and/or KoDP is a STEAL. Warhammer Quest isn’t the greatest boardgame conversion, but it’s interesting enough to be a nice bonus on the deal as well. I don’t know anything about the rest of the games.

Battle Fleet 2 (naval game, kind like Atlantic fleet) and Squareface (indie papercraft zombie open world RPG) also are pretty good.

Zombie Vikings huh? Can it possibly live up to such an awesome name?

Big GoG.com sale this week.

Notable… Cryptark is half off. $7.49.

ooh, thanks a lot

Final Bundlefest offering on BundleStars today, the Nemesis Bundle 3. Three Tiers:

Pay $1 for Steam keys to:

• S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Clear Sky
  • Shadowrun Returns
  • Shoppe Keep
  • Eon Altar : Episode 1

Pay $4.99 and add:

• Planetary Annihilation : Titans
  • Styx : Master of Shadows
  • Tropico 5
  • Slain : Back form Hell
  • Blood : One Unit Whole Blood
  • S.T.A.L.K.E.R. : Shadow of Chernobyl
  • Spellforce 2 : Anniversary Edition
  • Phantaruk
  • FaceRig

Pay $9.99 and unlock:

• S.T.A.L.K.E.R. : Call of Pripyat
  • FaceRig Pro Upgrade

Lots of good games in the bundle, however most are games that have been bundled before, so most folks probably already own them.

Also on BundleStars - Stellaris is $15.99 (60%) for 24 hours.

Artifex Mundi 7 Bundle is new at IndieGala.
$3.99 for 10 HOG titles from the publisher, including a couple that look like they could be new to bundles.

Way back about 3 weeks ago I recommended an indie strategy game series called Age of Fear when the just released third title was slightly discounted and the second title was 75% off. Well Indie Gala has the first game in the series, Age of Fear : The Undead King at 75% off for $3.74 this week. Complete your collection on the cheap.

Back to Bed is free for the next 48 hours!

http://store.steampowered.com/news/32781/

Reminds me of Monument Valley which I really enjoyed on Android.

New Humble Very Positive 2 Bundle is live.

$1 or more for:

• RIVE
  • Neon Chrome
  • Dungeon Souls

BTA (Currently around $6) and add:

• Middle Earth : Shadow of Mordor GOTY
  • Ultimate Chicken Horse
  • Oxenfree

Pay $10 and unlock:

• Death Road to Canada
  • Beat Cop

Pay $80 and receive:

• Middle Earth : Shadow of War pre-order
  • Shadow of War t-shirt shipped to you

$6 or less for Shadow Of Mordor GOTY and Oxenfree is a deal all by itself.

Oddworld : Abe’s Oddysee is now FREE on GOG , Humble Store AND Steam.

I see Steam is selling Space Pirates and Zombies 2 for $9.99 today, is this still in early release or is it ready for prime time?

I havent touched it in 2 months, it still lists as EA, their last up date says almost done!

Wow, that’s a great price. I might buy it and then wait for release. I didn’t like the first one because of the mouse + keyboard controls, but the second game has gamepad support, so I’m feeling good about the chances of liking this one.

Also, Cryptark is on sale today on Steam for only $7.49. That’s the game Tom loved, also a 2D space sim controllable using a controller, I believe. Combination of a twin stick shooter and heist game, so how Tom described it, which is why it’s on my wishlist. The only thing holding me back was I didn’t know if the game was ever coming to Xbox One or not. If it’s never coming, then I might as well buy it on Steam. But if it’s coming eventually, I’d rather wait.

Looks like it’s on PS4, you have one of those don’t you? I assume everyone but me owns a PS4.