Bargain Thread 2017

I do, but I get no endorphin rush from earning a “trophy”, like I do with achievements. So I might as well get it cheaper on PC at that point, as long as the PC version has controller support, of course.

Ha ha ha, that’s the best thing I’ve read all day. That’s not a mocking laugh mind you, because of course I too am an achievement hound. I was bugging @LMN8R recently about adding back the ability to delete zero score games and demos. Yes I care about that shut up!

Yeah the $6 price tier on this is 100% an absolute steal of a deal. Oxenfree is a steal at $6 by itself.

$1 for RIVE and Neon Chrome is RIDICULOUS VALUE!

I imagined your forum avatar shouting RIDICULOUS VALUE and lol’d. =)

Better yet, both those games will melt your face while you’re in that pose!!

Thanks for the heads up on RIVE. After your endorsement I looked at that trailer for the first time. That looks like a really cool twin stick shooter.

I’ve had Death Road to Canada on my wishlist for like ever so this bundle is looking pretty ace.

Stardock Publisher Sale on Steam this weekend.
Steam is also having a Paradox Grand Strategy Weekend. DLC stock up time!

BundleStars has the Wolfenstein Pack for $8.99. Contains both New Order and Old Blood.

They are also having a Birthday Sale in which you can get an extra 5% off using the code BIRTHDAY5. Code does not work on bundles or the Wolfenstein deal.

Outlast plus Whistleblower DLC is FREE in the Humble Store End of Summer Sale, but I can’t get the store to load, so it looks like they might be having some issues temporarily…

Haha, this is now what I get when clicking the Humble Store!

Holy crap, that’s a good price for either game by itself.

Yeah, no kidding. Many Nazi faces to shoot there for mere $9.

Is it just me BTW, or is The Old Blood at least twice as hard in some places (even early on, normal difficulty) as The New Order? Or maybe my FPS skills have declined markedly in just a year or two.

I quit because I couldn’t get past one battle midway through The Old Blood, and I beat The New Order. well. I bailed on the final boss but I think I could have managed it eventually. just didn’t enjoy the fight and you can watch the end on YouTube, so.

Steep is 50% off on the humble store at $20 or only $18 if you subscribe to the monthly bundle. This is the cheapest it has been so far, I picked it up.

Tom did a couple of streams of this game and I believe he liked it:

If anyone gets that Very Positive bundle and gets a spare Mordor key I’d love to snake one for my nephew. Thanks!

Thanks for the heads up on Steep, Chappers. Been waiting for a price below $30, and $18 is a deal!

Does anyone know if it’s possible and relatively easy to use a steam box to stream a game off of Uplay? I managed something like that for an origin game I believe but I’m having trouble remembering the details now.

I do it now and then - two things, though.

Add the uplay client to steam, not the game you want to stream. It tends to time out launching the game, otherwise.

Also, you will probably want to disable the in-game u-play overlay for the game or you can’t use the controller.

PSN flash sale in North America.

All the Ratchet & Clanks for PS3 are on sale. The Atelier Arland Vita trilogy is 24$. Three games, and all their bonus character DLC. There are some awkward fanservice scenes. I haven’t finished Totori or Meruru yet, but had around 50 hours of fun with Rorona. If anyone picks this up wait to play the new game+ epilogue story of Rorona, it spoils stuff from the other games.

As mentioned over in the game’s thread, Stranger of Sword City is $8 in said PSN flash sale, a historic low on any platform.