Bargain Thread 2017

PM sent.

Outlast & DLC for free over at HumbleBundle

Rise of Nations Extended Edition for Windows 10 for $5.

Tembo the Badass Elephant for $5, too.

Tembo the badass elephant…

Lol at the trend of using random swahili words.

Simba, rafiki, wewe nugu, pumbaa etc in Lion King.

Tembo means elephant by the way, so the title reads to me like: Elephant the badass elephant.

That said, I now want this game.

Mass Effect Andromida (PC) $13.26

https://www.amazon.com/Mass-Effect-Andromeda-PC/dp/B00ZPZQKIG/ref=sr_1_2?s=videogames&ie=UTF8&qid=1506292762&sr=1-2&keywords=mass%2Beffect%2Bandromeda&th=1

Jeez dudes, trust me on this one: Andromeda is worth 13 bucks, and your time. You can skip a lot of the extraneous questing if you don’t like it. There’s still a core of a rollicking galactic exploration RPG if that’s your thing. Probably still the closest we’re going to get to a decent Star Trek simulator.

I agree with divedivedive. I bought the game at release and don’t regret it at all. While it doesn’t live up to the original trilogy, I had a good time and it’s definitely worth it at that price.

The game is a rushed piece of mediocre whatever created by an inexperienced, rudderless studio, but yes, it is worth $13, if simply for the experience of travelling to beautiful new planets, meeting their interesting inhabitants, and then shooting them in the face. It’s like a sci-fi The Division … pretty cool at first, but then ultimately disappointing.

Yes, that is a great deal. Trust us.

It is worth it but skip most of the side quests.

Grey Alien Games, who did a speech at GDC last year about never putting their games on sales, have put their games on sale on Steam, one of which is the brilliant Regency Solitaire, available for 5 bucks.
Since their next game, Shadowhand, has been postponed every month from its initial spring release, I wishfully hope that they are not facing financial difficulties because of the delays.

From the blog it seems like they’re still adding gameplay functionality!

September 25
Since the last post we’ve mostly been designing and implementing some new lock and key types for the game.

Usually that doesn’t bode well for an imminent polished relased. Though there’s also a lot of balancing and beta testing going on, so I really hope all is well as I love their games too!

Oh, I’d forgotten about shadowhand. On the wishlist now, thanks for the reminder.

Just got an email from GMG, a real class act. This is the sort of thing that keeps my business.

Encore THQ/Nordic Playstation Bundle on Humble. Tons of great games at great prices in three tiers. Limited keys at each tier, so act fast if you want them. Too bad it’s not a Steam bundle…

Also check out the Humble Store Very Positive Sale for up to 80% off positively reviewed titles. Some decent deals including:
For the King - $11.24 (25%)
Homeworld Remastered Collection - $8.74 (75%)
Legends of Eisenwald : Knight’s Edition - $7.49 (75%)

Steam is also having a Kalypso Publisher’s Sale as part of Midweek Madness. Kalypso has published some pretty good stuff over the years, and a lot of it is pretty steeply discounted for this sale. Franchises like Tropico, Disciples, Dungeons, Patrician, Port Royale and Sudden Strike are all on sale. Individual bargains include:

• Crowntakers - $1.99 (80%)
  • Vikings : Wolves of Midgard - $13.99 (65%)
  • Omerta : City of Gangsters Gold - $5.99 (80%)
  • The First Templar - $1.99 (80%)

Thanks for the heads up on it being limited quantities. I got one at the $1 tier. I haven’t heard of the games, but $1 for some junk games wouldn’t be a bad deal, considering I used to pay for PS+ $40 a year for years and I accumulated a bunch of junk games, and found some gems in there.

That limited quantity thing is really weird, considering it’s the entire “tier” that runs out and not keys for individual games.

great Marketing tactic to get folks to buy them. Limit the supply…

Black Desert Online is $6 on Steam. I haven’t played it yet, but it’s supposed to be a great sandbox buy to play (no subscription fee) MMO with quick action combat that gradually turns grindy and pay2win. So maybe not a long-term MMO, but worth the six bucks to check it out. Gorgeous graphics too.