Bargain Thread 2017

Just to clarify, the 4 episode pack is on sale at Steam (in addition to the first episode) for $2.99.

If you love HOG, be sure to pick up the bundle lordkosc posted last week. 30ish games for 13 bucks!

Any thoughts on any of the Artifex Mundi games that would be a good fit for playing with (almost) seven year-olds?

I think I had this very conversation over PM with someone, of course that doesn’t help you much. But I don’t think either the subject matter or it’s presentation is too intense for a 7 year old, personally. The Nightmares from the Deep games might be the spookiest, but they really aren’t any worse than the Pirates of the Caribbean movies.

The finding the hidden object part is typically a pretty small part of the game. They mostly play like point and click adventures, and there are other puzzles to solve as well. The hidden object part is usually just how you get your inventory for solving the mystery of the main story.

Very good new Humble Endless RPG Lands Bundle is up!

Get Wurm Unlimited, Borderlands GOTY and Van Helsing : Final Cut for $1.00

BTA (currently less than $5) and also receive Borderlands 2 (+ 4 DLC), Endless Legend Classic Edition and Guild of Dungeoneering

Pay $10 and unlock Borderlands the Pre-Sequel

Proceeds to benefit the National Video Game Museum!

https://www.humblebundle.com/endless-rpg-lands-bundle

BundleStars also has a new bundle live today. Hidden Gems 6 features 10 indie games for $2.49.

• Displaced
  • Race Online
  • Evolvation
  • The Onion Knights - Definitive Edition
  • Little Lords of Twilight
  • The Last Time
  • Murder in Tehran’s Alleys 2016
  • Murder in Tehran’s Alleys 1933
  • UnnyWorld : Founder’s Pack
  • Airship Asunder

Displaced looks interesting. I have no clue about the rest.

Steam has Age of Wonders Franchise on sale for Midweek Madness. $7.49 for AoW 3 and 50%-75% off all it’s DLC.
Renowned Explorers International Society is the Daily Deal at $6.64. DLC is also on sale.

In related news, there’s also a brilliant-because-it’s-made-for-me bundle of Renowned Explorers vs. Curious Expedition that gives you the two similarly themed games for 65% off. Apparently, I’ve not been the only one wondering which one to try first.

The developers even put up an amusing website to mark the occasion.

The description of both those games is absolutely hilarious. Too much good stuff to quote, between the counting of words on A4 pages, and the awkward translation followed by claims of a new quality translation (I really wish I could take a look at what the games looked before).
Too bad for the people responsible they chose to be published by Strategy First.

Resident Evil 7 Standard/Deluxe (all DLC) are 50% off for PS+ members this week. Not bad.

thats great. curious expedition is an awesome game and renowned explorers looks similarly good. it really is quite a coincidence two games came out with such a similar concept so close together.

This is by far the cheapest I’ve seen the Borderlands games go for if nothing else (and I’ve been holding off on buying either of them because I’m such a cheapskate, so…yoink!).

can anyone vouch for the borderlands pre-sequel? wondering if i should drop the extra $5.

I didn’t care for it all. The voice acting was just awful and the new classes seemed boring too. I know there are some fans here though if you find the thread. The original two games were much better.

thats all i needed to hear. i didnt care for the first ones.

It’s a tired, piece-of-shit rehash. BL2+DLC were superb.

I can vouch for this opinion too, unfortunately.

Wouldn’t know. I never made it out of the first room because the screen shake made me so nauseous.

I finished it and did not like it. Would not recommend.

This post makes me happy because I thought I was the only person who actually used “yoink!” regularly. Internet Simpsons high-five!

Wurm Unlimited is quite a niche game, but I enjoyed my time with it. I still have a plot/settlement on a hosted server with a decent population and with some basics to get started including tools, a farm, and a mine with most minerals uncovered. It also has a portal stone that allows immediate travel to and from the starting area.

If folks pick this up and ever wanted to give it a chance and want a settlement to be a part of with some decent starting items, give me a shout and I can get you the details. I should add the settlement is only just me so you could pretty much do what you want there including building what you want and changing/shaping the land, if desired.