Bargain Thread 2017

I had problems with corrupted graphics on mine after an hour or two, everything turned green with lines across the screen. I’m using nvidia gamestream on my shieldTV for in-home streaming now, which works perfectly.

Whoa, I’ve never had that issue. Weeeeird.

I assume it was a hardware fault.

with that kind of screw up, it’s almost always hardware. My Voodoo card I got when I was a teenager did the same thing. Memory was messed up and had to be replaced

Yeah, but given that I got the thing for $15, I just tossed it in the back of my closet and forgot about it.

oh, sure, it wouldn’t be worth an RMA or something.

Looks like Humble Bundle is giving away Civ III for free. Sure, we all probably already have a copy, but if you don’t it’s a heck of a deal.

Worth it for jackbox alone, I’d say.

You mean this?

e class="onebox allowlistedgeneric" data-onebox-src="https://store.steampowered.com/bundle/1792/The_Jackbox_Party_Trilogy/">
store.steampowered.com

Yes, although you can also buy them separately. Volume 4 is out today. Good party fun.

I loved the YDKJ games back in the day. I’ll keep an eye on these. Thanks!

Each one has 4 or 5 minigames and some are more fun than others. We have the first 3 on the PS4 if you guys want to come try them. Really fun in a group!

I picked it up for Mansions of Madness. Being able to stream the app for the boardgame to a big screen for game nights looks like a hoot.

Volume 4 is out today!?! Awesome!

Asmodee sale report #1

Grabbed Twilight Struggle, Jaipur and Colt Express.

• Haven’t tried Twilight Struggle yet, I’m assuming I’ll have to put aside some time for the tutorial.
  • Jaipur is a bit like Splendor – seems like a well designed game, but kind of dry. The Asmodee port is as good as can be expected – campaign mode, rudimentary if pointless “housing”, etc.
  • Colt express is fun. Sort of like a cowboy heist robo-rally (probably a better analogue out there…) Probably be more fun with humans than AI though.

Now I’m eyeing Mr. Jack and Pandemic. Pandemic is hotseat only, which is disappointing, though I’ll likely be playing it solo anyway.

Currently Steam’s number one seller :)

For me it also added a coupon for Civ VI when I redeemed it:

50% OFF Civilization VI Digital Deluxe

I got that 50% OFF Civilization VI Digital Deluxe coupon in my Steam inventory. And I didn’t redeem Civ III or anything else from Humble Bundle. Maybe they’re just giving it to anyone with Civ III in inventory and no Civ VI?

I only have Civ V, and got the coupon as well.

Maybe it was co-incidence. I had 5 and 6 in my Library already. :) Mind you, the coupon is for Digital Deluxe, which I don’t have.

Which made me realise I never got the Steam version of 4!