Bargain Thread 2017

I have Civ III, IV, V, and VI on Steam. I still got the coupon.

Anyone want it?

Definitely worth $20 to have a version on my PS4 I can play on the couch. If only Diablo would have a similar deep discount on the PSN I would pick up a second copy of that as well.

I’ve finally caved and bought the dang thing, shipping and all. Probably give it to my munchkin when it’s all said and done, but whatevs.

So I just noticed that Curve Digital has put out a bundle of five of their games for $18 on Xbox Marketplace (sorry, not sure if reciprocated on other platforms). Those five are:

The Flame in the Flood
Manual Samuel
Human Fall Flat
Serial Cleaner
Dear Esther: Landmark Edition

Kinda tempted, that works out to about $3.50 per game which is a price point where I’m ok to roll the dice a bit. I’ve looked at some reviews for the games, just wondering if anyone has any feelings about these, or if the Bundle in general looks good or not.

I’ve only played The Flame in the Flood and Dear Esther. The first held my attention for a couple of hours. The second bored me. I generally don’t enjoy walking simulators though.

Is this news? Reddit have discovered Steam will have some sales this year.

Steam Halloween Sale: Thursday 26th October to Wednesday 1st November
Steam Black Friday Sale: Wednesday 22nd November to Tuesday 28th
Steam Winter Sale: Thursday 21st December to Thursday 4th January 2018

Steam sales suck now that they don’t do flash sales. Hasn’t been a great one in years.

I would expect that the same deals will be on steam on the black friday sale as the winter sale. It seems kind of redundant to have both of those sales.

I think steam sales suck now simply because I have bought everything I have wanted already. The only interesting deal are on “new” games I have not bought yet.

There are constantly new games coming out, plus all these games I only later find out about. So between that and never having really been able to catch a flash sale when I wanted it, I’m pretty happy with Steam sales in general.

That’s how I feel as well, but then again I have the luxury of living in the US Pacific time zone, so the start and end times of the flash/community choice sales were always pretty convenient for me.

Steam sales are good for picking up DLC for games you enjoy and rounding out the occasional franchise or collection with those wacky bundles they push where everything is 75% off, then the bundle is an additional 20% off and they subtract everything you already own meaning you pick up that one missing piece for like $2.

I’m to the point now, as I suspect many others are as well, where I own so many good games I have yet to play that I can simply play my backlog while I wait for my wishlist games to show up on Humble Bundles, BundleStars deals or other steep discount offers and pick them up then.

Fall sale at WinGameStore , it has flash deals!

also you may be able to get an extra 5% off with their usual “pcgames5off” and “macgames5off” discount codes.

I have a pair of Steam links. Nice piece of hardware. I do wish that it didn’t require putting the system into Big Picture mode. I like Steam a lot, but big picture, not so much. So, while I had hoped to play computer games on the couch more in the main part of the house (computer is on the lower level), ultimately I decided to get a Switch instead and that has turned out to be the right decision for me.

Hmm, I did a search for Forza on that landing page and got no results, so I guess that one isn’t on sale, bummer.

Wolfenstein The New Order was on sale recently. The prequel is £3 atm

http://savygamer.co.uk/2017/10/21/wolfenstein-the-old-blood-pc-2-99/

It’s a crumb of comfort that the daily horror of current affairs has invigorated the clapped out WW2 shooter genre. Punch those fuckers. Punch them all.

From the Depths is the Star Deal today at BundleStars. Build fleets of crazy ships, subs and planes to destroy your enemy in physics-based strategy mayhem for $1.99 (90%).

Also at BundleStars, The Eureka Bundle. 11 Steam keys for puzzle/thinking games for $1.99.

New Monday Motivation Bundle at IndieGala offers 11 Steam games, 10 GalaGold and a coupon code for 50% off Hot Guns for $2.99.

Humble Store has a Daedalic Publisher Sale happening.

Steam has Battle Brothers as the Daily Deal for $14.99 (50%).
Steam also has 206 Weeklong Deals. Nothing that really jumps out…which is fine since the Steam Halloween Sale starts Thursday and there will be plenty more games on sale at that point.

Empyrion: Galactic Survival is on sale for 50% off (so it’s $9.99). This is a space sandbox game in the same vein as No Man’s Sky. It’s still an early access. I was wondering if at @BrianRubin or anyone else has tried this? It’s on my wish list so it came to my attension but I don’t recall exactly why anymore. I do wish they would let us in annotate our wishlist in Steam!

Yeah, it’s coming along nicely. Out of that tiny little subgenre, it’s the game I’d buy.

It’s nowhere near as good as No Man’s Sky.