Bargain Thread 2018

95 of the 133 games on my wishlist are on sale. I’m paralyzed.

No sale on Vampyr. BOO.

I am having second thoughts about Dominions 5. 25% off isn’t a huge discount but on the other hand, no one else sells Dominions 5, so it’s not like it’s going to be on sale again any time soon.

DCS is having its summer sale right now: half off on just about everything except the Hornet and the Persian Gulf map.

Hmm, maybe I’ll be getting a discount on Overload after all.

They really never want me to buy Nier Autonoma do they…

Does anyone know if either of these two games require an EA account in order to play them on Steam?

The second one used to require a Bioware account to activate some stuff if I recall, but there was talks of those shutting down?

No, Mass Effect on Steam does not require an EA account. Wanting to force EA accounts was I believe part (though not all) of why EA stopped selling their new games on Steam.

That said, you should play Mass Effect 2 on Origin because you should play it with at the very least the Lair of the Shadow Broker DLC and it benefits from some of the other stuff, and if you can even install DLC to the Steam version anymore you certainly can’t (and never could) install it through Steam. And it’s a massive PITA the way you used to have to do it. Whereas on Origin it’s installed through Origin and is easy. Plus, you’ll want to play ME3, and you have to do that on Origin.

Or you could just play the first one, which is the best and mostly stands alone anyway, and leave it at that. (ME1 only has one DLC of note and it’s a manual install anyway.)

I really like the Multiplayer aspect of 3.

DEAL RED ALERTS

Battletech Digital Deluxe $10.39

DEAL RED ALERTS

And its DEAD.

What the F? For some reason, seeing it is so much less is… I don’t know.

That HAS to be a mistake, right? Is it basically XCOM with mechs?

Yeah, I haven’t seen it for less than $30 or so, so it must be an error.

Appears to be an error- you can’t add it to your cart.

Fanatical just started a sale on it for $26.79.
https://www.fanatical.com/en/game/battletech

Everyone needs to jump on this.

BHP_Link
Samsung 128GB EVO+ UHS-I microSDXC Memory Card $36.00

The UHS-3 version is even cheaper on Amazon.

Not a fan of buying these products from Amazon anymore, especially from 3rd party, but good to know! It is indeed a lower price.