Bargain Thread 2018

uh, also the very good and VERY addicting olliolli 2 in the dollar tier! fantastic deal!!

Yep, I went with the $1 tier, just for olliolli 2.

ya know, i think im starting to like the cut of your jib :)

BundleFest at Fanatical ends with a nice brand new Slayer Bundle. Relive the glory days of heavy metal in the 80’s with this…wait, no that’s not right. Uh, how about 4 Tiers of Steam games featuring 18 games total, including the first tier FREE.

Tier One - FREE

• SpaceCom

Tier Two - $1.00

• Styx : Master of Shadows
  • SoulBlight
  • Mooseman
  • Carmageddon : Max Damage

Tier Three - $4.99

• Mordheim : City of the Damned
  • Day of Infamy
  • Savage Lands
  • The Sexy Brutale
  • Tropico 5
  • Sky Break
  • Super Cloudbuilt
  • Tower 57

Tier 4 - $6.99

• Medieval : Kingdom Wars
  • Bombshell
  • Songbringer
  • The Lion’s Song : Season Pass
  • The Painscreek Killings

Styx, Soulblight, Mordheim, Sexy Brutale and Savage Lands for $5 is a steal, and adding $2 more to get Medieval : Kingdom Wars is a great deal.

Also at Fanatical during BundleFest, they’ve just launched a Worms Bundle for $2.49 that contains Worms Reloaded : GOTY, Worms Ultimate Mayhem Deluxe, Worms Blast, Worms original plus Worms Pinball and the excellent Worms Crazy Golf.

There is also the Dollar War Bundle for, uh, $1.00 that contains 14 titles from Hexwar Games, makers of light strategy war games.

If you like merchant trading empire games the Merchant’s Chest Bundle is $2.99 and contains Port Royale 3 and DLC, Patrician 4 and DLC, Patrician 3 and Rise of Venice and DLC. That’s $1 each for games that pretty much define the genre.

If you’re interested in the just released Bard’s Tale IV : Barrows Deep, Green Man Gaming has the lowest price of all the major players at $29.77 (15%).

Steam has a strange weekend sale on titles from participants in the Tokyo Game Show. Pretty eclectic mix of stuff on sale for a wide range of discounts. They’re also doing live streams from the show.

Steam is also doing a Focus Home Interactive Publisher Sale all weekend. Price discounts don’t seem to by syncing at the moment, so you may want to check back in a bit to see markedowns on stuff like Spintires : Mudrunner for $2.49 is back for owners of the previous game (hint, you can buy additional copies at $2.49 and GIFT them to others!), Space Hulk games are up to 60% off, Battlefleet Gothic is $7.49 (75%), Blood Bowl games up to 75% off, and many more.

Kind of want Mordheim. Thanks for letting us know!

I’ve had Medieval : Kingdom Wars on my wishlist for awhile now. It’s $19.99 retail in EA, which means it’s unlikely to get cheaper than $6.99 (plus all those other games included) any time soon.

Has anyone had any experience with the game in EA? Thoughts?

It just never really comes together for what they’re trying to do…yet.

…and this is a developer who abruptly ceased development on their previous Medieval game…and now it’s been a good long while since Medieval Kingdom Wars has updated. There’s an explanation on their dev page that they’re working on a tutorial campaign, and that at the end of September they’ll push their biggest update ever.

This game feels like it’s on this weird tightrope, where a push either way means it’ll end up as a disaster and mess…but if they can keep going, they might have something.

EDIT: at the $7 price point, if you’re already tilted to liking what this game is trying to do (kind of combining RTS play with some city building in a sort of Age Of Kings update), it might be worth the leap of faith.

That’s kind of the read I was getting from following it as well. It seems like they’re not far off from making a game that would be well worth playing, but just can’t seem to push themselves over that final hurdle. I do very much enjoy these types of games, and $7…plus I don’t own and am interested in Styx and Soulblight ($1 tier), so worst case it’s a $6 gamble, and I’ll see if this major update ever materializes. I think I just talked myself into it. ;-)

Thanks for your insight! Much appreciated.

Mudrunner is fantastic, I need to get back to it!

No Man’s Sky is $23.99 over at the Humble Store. If you’re a monthly subscriber you get an additional 10% off, making it a historical low of $21.59.

The recent NEXT update changed the game fairly dramatically, and enough content has been added over the 4 major updates that it feels far more substantial than it did in it’s early days. It’s still primarily an exploration and discovery game though, so if you’re looking for another Mass Effect or Elite Dangerous, look elsewhere.

Two flash sales that caught my eye over at GreenManGaming today. 26% off Dragon Quest XI PC, bringing it down to $44.39 and 10% off Spider-Man PS4 bringing it down to $53.99.

Slickdeal is showing an interesting deal from Razer.com. THere is a discount code - RGSSDSEP10, but it only works on one item.

Kalypso Publisher Sale [razer.com]
Dungeons [razer.com] (PC Digital Download) $1.80
Dungeons Gold Edition [razer.com] (PC Digital Download) $3.60
Dungeons The Dark Lord [razer.com] (PC Digital Download) $2.70
Dungeons 2 [razer.com] (PC Digital Download) $2.70
Dungeons 2: A Game of Winter [razer.com] $1.80
Tropico Trilogy [razer.com] (PC Digital Download) $3.60
Tropico 3 [razer.com] (PC Digital Download) $1.80
Tropico 3 Gold Edition [razer.com] (PC Digital Download) $2.03
Tropico 4 [razer.com] (PC Digital Download) $2.70
Tropico 5 [razer.com] (PC Digital Download) $3.60
Grand Ages Rome [razer.com] (PC Digital Download) $1.80
Grand Ages Rome Gold [razer.com] (PC Digital Download) $2.70
Grand Ages: Medieval [razer.com] (PC Digital Download) $3.60
More [razer.com]
THQ Nordic Publisher Sale [razer.com]
Titan Quest Anniversary Edition [razer.com] (PC Digital Download) $3.60
This is The Police [razer.com] (PC Digital Download) $3.38
Painkiller [razer.com] (PC Digital Download) $1.13
Painkiller Hell & Damnation [razer.com] (PC Digital Download) $4.50
Painkiller Hell & Damnation Collector’s Edition [razer.com] (PC Digital Download) $6.75
Darksiders New Franchise Pack [razer.com] (PC Digital Download) $6.75
Super Dungeon Bro [razer.com] (PC Digital Download) $4.50
Red Faction Guerilla Re-mars-tered [razer.com] (PC Digital Download) $4.50
More [razer.com]
New Subscribers to the Razer Game Store Newsletter [razer.com] will receive a $5 Off $10 Voucher Code
Example Deals with the $5 Off Voucher
The Vanishing of Ethan Carter [razer.com] (PC Digital Download) $5
Battle Chasers: Nightwar [razer.com] (PC Digital Download) $7
Rad Rodgers [razer.com] (PC Digital Download) $6.99
Painkiller Complete Pack [razer.com] (PC Digital Download) $9
The Dwarves [razer.com] (PC Digital Download) $5
The Dwarves Digital Deluxe Edition [razer.com] (PC Digital Download) $7.50
The Raven Remastered [razer.com] (PC Digital Download) $5
The Raven Remastered Deluxe [razer.com] (PC Digital Download) $7.50
Darksiders New Franchise Pack [razer.com] + Dungeons 2 [razer.com] (PC Digital Download) $5.50
The Shadow of the Tomb Raider Season Pass [razer.com] (PC Digital Download) $20.49
More [razer.com]

As you can see, it includes Titan Quest for 3.60.

Also, the games all unlock on steam.

Huh, I for some reason thought the Razer store didn’t offer Steam codes.

PSN Flash sale is on until Monday.

Unravel 1 & 2 bundle - 30%
Dark Souls: Remastered - 30%
Yakuza 6 - 40%
FarCry Primal - 70%
Vampyr - 33%
Star Wars: Battlefront II - 75%

EDIT: Whoah, just found this: Capcom Beat’em Up Bundle. Looks pretty awesome! Just King of Dragons and Knights of the Round in one package is already pretty awesome!

GMG sells PS4 codes? I can’t seem to see any on their site.

It might be a country restriction thing.

https://www.greenmangaming.com/consoles/ps4/

It’s already available on Switch, PS4 and Xbox One and it’s superb. If you’ve never played Battle Circuit and Armored Warriors before, you are in for a treat.

Thanks for posting that Slayer Bundle from Fanatical. I’m pausing the Humble Monthly and for less than half the price I’m getting a bunch of games that are actually interesting to me. That $5 tier is a no-brainer if you don’t have most or all of them.

EDIT: I installed the Styx game and played about an hour or two. Not bad except for the rather muddy color palette. I gather that the point is to always avoid combat because I can’t seem to get the parry timing right, and one guard takes me out in 3-4 blows.

Fanatical Star Deal today is Grand Theft Auto V for $17.49 (42%). NOTE : This is NOT a Steam Key. It activates on Rockstar Social Club, which requires creating an account.

Steam has over 800 Weeklong Deals this week. Some highlights:

For Heroes of Might and Magic V (one of the better titles), unless you need the campaign, skip the base game and get the Tribes of the East. It is a stand alone version with all the town’s, factions and features of the original, plus multiple upgrade paths for units.

It’s not like IV, and instead, is similar to III.