Bargain Thread 2018

As fascinating as the works of or inspired by those of Anne McCaffrey may be, might they better be discussed elsewhere?

Wow. 20+ posts since I last checked in. Must be some killer game deals going on.

[BOOKCHAT]

Ah. Of course.

Speaking of which, PSN Holiday sale is on now. Hitman 2 already 50% off (regular edition), holy crap.

So I’m browsing the list and I see an anime game with some random Japanese name:

“Koihime Enbu RyoRaiRai is a fighting game with an all-female cast […]”

Of course it is. Of course.

I appreciate books as much as the next person, but more deals, less book chatter please!

Since this is the BARGAIN THREAD…

Here’s a weird deal going on at GreenManGaming: Mix-N-Match 5 Games for $5. Just add any 5 games from the page to your cart, and the total will be reduced to $5. Games include:

• Mount & Blade : Warband (and other M&B add-ons)
  • Warhammer End Times : Vermintide
  • This War of Mine
  • The Black Death
  • ADR1FT
  • Inner Space
  • Quarantine
  • Tower 57
  • Super Cloudbuilt
  • and many more.

So basically each game becomes $1, but here’s the weird part…if you then delete one or more games from your cart, the remaining games appear to STAY priced at $1, meaning you could essentially pay $1 for just one of the games if you only wanted one. I didn’t complete checkout, so you may want to make sure the pricing holds if you try this.

Fanatical has the Shadow of War : Definitive Editon as the Star Deal today for $14.99 (75%). Hurry though, they’re selling fast.

They’re also having a Winter Sale with an additional 10% off any game with code FANATICAL10.
That brings Pathfinder : Kingmaker down to $25.19

Steam Midweek Madness features:
Star Control : Origins for $29.99 (25%)
and
Total War Saga : Thrones of Britannia for $26.79 (33%)

yet again thanks a lot for posting - that GMG $5 deal was great.

my backlog isn’t thanking you though…

Hey. I’ve been posting deals like Jack flips hotcakes since Black Friday. It’s a discussion about a deal that just happens to be about not one book but 3 in digital form and on three platforms even!

I liked The White Dragon.

Yep a real good GMG deal for some indie gems. I went with:

12-11-2018%207-48-39%20PM

Thanks @SlainteMhath

Sweet! Thanks for the heads up. Time to go check my wishlist.

Uncharted: Lost Legacy: $10
Wipeout: Omega Collection $8

And there’s a couple of other sale items, but not anywhere near Black Friday sale prices (for example, Shadow of the Colossus is down from $20 to $16, and same with Gravity Rush 2, but GR2 was $6 in the last sale).

Is this the whole thing? Or will they have different sales next week, etc until the holiday ends I wonder?

Nice.

I went with Beat Cop, Magicka, the 2 Mount & Blade expansions & The Black Death.

Maybe this will encourage me to finally try Mount & Blade.

Yes this was probably my favourite one, other than maybe the first because, well, it was the first.

I’ll recommend AER at that price.

Oh and (ahem) a little game called Life Is Strange: Before the Storm for $5 (all 3 episodes–another $2 for the Farewell ep).

It does say “Week 1”, so I assume it isn’t. If I remember this right, they usually have an “encore” at the end where all the stuff from the previous weeks is on sale at once.

@GMG… Save a total of 47% on Fallout 76 and 50% on Fallout 76 Tricentennial Edition with the voucher code VAULT76 .

It kind of tells me all I need to know about Fallout 76 that it’s on sale for 50% off so soon after release. Yikes.

Do you love loot crates and blind gambling? Then Fanatical has a Mystery Bundle for you! Use the slider to select between one ($1.00) and ten ($6.99) games for your bundle and spin the wheel of random Steam keys to see what pops out. I predict a 99.9% chance of Bad Rats!

Also just launched on Fanatical, an Anime Tales Bundle for $4.99 that includes 10 Steam keys for Anime games/visual novels. There’s also a Learn Japanese to Survive Trilogy Bundle for $7.79.

After watching the following YouTube video I decided to give Fallout 76 a pass:

From perusing the Fallout 76 thread, this seems like a title that’s low on technical competence, but high on well-created content. So you may want to grab this as a diamond in the rough. At the same time, reception has been so bad that it may kill the game off.

Best Buy has racks upon racks of Fallout 76. All retail is way overbought on it. Expect it to be $19.99 soon.

$24.97

Couples Games are not a huge hit for me or anyone I know but in case some of you out there like it this sounds kind of intersting.

Fallout fans have acted so entitled ever since Fallout 2 was released. They expect to get a good game just because they spent $60. It’s shameful.

FO76 art and level design looks okay though.