Bargain Thread 2018

Anyone have any luck with the St. Patrick’s day mystery game sale on GoG this year? I bought four games, and they were all super old and wouldn’t go for more than $3 at e-tail. I’m annoyed. During last year’s mystery pinata sale in August, the games seemed much better.

Baldur’s Gate: Complete Saga Enhanced Editions on sale for $10.79 at Fanatical.

https://www.fanatical.com/en/bundle/baldurs-gate-the-complete-saga

Limited stock, though, which is half gone.

Bomber Crew is half price on chrono.gg today, so $12.50.

That is so very tempting. I already have the original both digitally and on CD. Very very tempting.

Wow, might never play it, but I had to snag it for the soundtracks.

yes yes it’s wonderful!

IndieGala is having a RPG game sale in it’s store.

• ArcaniA + Gothic Bundle - $9.99
  • Legends of Eisenwald - $4.99 and Road to the Iron Forest DLC $1.24
  • Lords of the Fallen GOTY - $5.99
  • Dark Souls III - $14.49
  • Titan Quest Anniversary Edition - $4.99 and new Ragnarok expansion - $14.99
  • Plus many more

Fanatical has a Bayonetta + Vanquish Pack for $11.99 (70%) Individual keys for each game.

Humble Store has an IGF Awards Sale with up to 50% off indie award winners.
Tooth and Tail for $10.79 (monthly member price)
Hollow Knight for $8.90 (monthly member price)

Just got a notification from istheranydeal.com about ME: Shadow of War having a substantial discount, and when you add the SPRING10 voucher at checkout it comes in at less than half price. I’d get it if I weren’t drowning in unplayed and underplayed games but I thought it might help someone else out.
https://www.fanatical.com/en/game/middle-earth-shadow-of-war

Fanatical’s star deal is Fairy Fencer F dark advent complete for $5.69

If you’re even slightly interested in JRPGs it’s great fun

New Humble Jumbo Bundle 11 is live.

Domina, Kingdom : New Lands and Rusty Lake : Roots all for $1 is a STEAL.

I’m not as convinced in the BTA (currently $6.40) tier, as Tropico 5 and DLC are always on sale somewhere, and I’m not sure Orwell and n++ add that much value. This tier does add more games next week though…so maybe…

Obduction for $15 is a little higher than it’s historic low, but if you are interested in it, adding the rest of the bundle makes this a solid deal.

Meanwhile, over on Steam:

• Europa Universalis IV is the standard 75% off at $9.99 for Midweek Madness. The majority of it’s vast amount of DLC is also on sale for 50% off.
  • Mortal Kombat XL is also a Midweek Madness deal at $6.80 (66%)
  • Tactical mercenary game Battle Brothers is the Daily Deal at $14.99 (50%)
  • Medieval Kingdom Wars is a Weeklong Deal at $9.49 (50%)
  • Hand-drawn, grid-based RPG The Quest is $4.99 (50%)
  • The Age of Fear Series is $4.99 (75%) for the first two games and $14.99 (25%) off the third, or buy them together as a bundle and get an additional 25% off. The bundle works for people who already own one or more games as well, making the remaining games cheaper.
  • Din’s Curse, which is one of my all-time favorite indie ARPGs, is only $2.49 (75%).

Obduction was a draw to that deal, but I backed away from it as I’m unlikely to ever get to any of the other games even if it’s all bonus. Obduction alone, especially with the dollar exchange, doesn’t make it worth getting there over the other sales I’ve seen. Too bad.

Not showing much of a deal for me! :(

Guess it’s the ‘limited keys’ part? Be nice if they said when they ran out.

Checked it just now. The page updates after you’re on it for a bit (assuming your browser isn’t blocking whatever causes the update), and reflects the discount. They’ve got about 65% of their keys left.

Thanks, how weird. It took a while but it did appear. Yay! :D

Thanks for the recommendation. I played about an hour and it is so much mindless fun. Just what I was looking for.

Is it essentially Drox Operative but as a fantasy ARPG (given that it’s by Soldak)?

BTW all, Hitman Episode 2 (Sapienza) is supposedly free for keeps on Steam today. Some other part is already free, right?

That is my impression, with a dose of elements of Titan Quest for good measure.

#hacknslash

Would Din’s Curse be a good game for our weekly comp stomp?

Free 20% code on digital games on the PS store right now. Log in and watch the video below the 20% quest on the right. Only about a minute long. If you’re getting the MLB the Show 18, there are a few more free things you can get also.

https://live.playstation.com/

This was actually on sale at my local store for 6.99