Bargain Thread 2018

Not showing much of a deal for me! :(

Guess it’s the ‘limited keys’ part? Be nice if they said when they ran out.

Checked it just now. The page updates after you’re on it for a bit (assuming your browser isn’t blocking whatever causes the update), and reflects the discount. They’ve got about 65% of their keys left.

Thanks, how weird. It took a while but it did appear. Yay! :D

Thanks for the recommendation. I played about an hour and it is so much mindless fun. Just what I was looking for.

Is it essentially Drox Operative but as a fantasy ARPG (given that it’s by Soldak)?

BTW all, Hitman Episode 2 (Sapienza) is supposedly free for keeps on Steam today. Some other part is already free, right?

That is my impression, with a dose of elements of Titan Quest for good measure.

#hacknslash

Would Din’s Curse be a good game for our weekly comp stomp?

Free 20% code on digital games on the PS store right now. Log in and watch the video below the 20% quest on the right. Only about a minute long. If you’re getting the MLB the Show 18, there are a few more free things you can get also.

https://live.playstation.com/

This was actually on sale at my local store for 6.99

Nice get. It’s in many ways easier than regular codenames, but has been fun with the kids around.

This was my plan, to get the kids involved. I think everyone in the ole family circle knows Disney very well, from 8 to 79.

I mean we’ve played with my 4 year old. Now he wasn’t giving clues, but certainly when a clue was given we’d ask him which one had a cape, or red, or trees, or was a villain. And then let him point.

He was a free agent, playing on both teams really.

Which, in my book, is a win.

I kept buying my nephew beginner kind of games, beginner Catan, beginner Carcassone, just trying to to find one he would like to play with us, the family, but also his friends, apparently beginner Evolution is a hit.

This I think will be great at family get together’s assuming I don’t give it away. I have the other two normal ones. I was tempted by Marvel… I have maybe 3 friends who could do Marvel, and I am no expert.

My brother has this one. Of us all, I’m probably the most versed in marvel, though I’ve never read a comic. Mostly from the shows, movies, and forums here. My wife is not far behind, since she watches more shows, but lags on some of the more esoteric stuff (I’ve been known to do more than a few wiki walks). It gets some pretty obscure stuff from the comics, stuff like Lady Thor and Lash, so it can be quite hard. After all if you have Black Bolt and Lockjaw, but don’t know the Inhumans… well good luck.

That said Ticket to Ride Junior, Sorry Sliders Cars 2 Grand Prix (which seems to be available at reasonable prices again!), and Loopin Chewie have been hits with the kids, though among my friends and family the oldest kid is 5 so take that into the equation.

My son also likes going with me to play the rocket ship game (X-wing) and loves to play with the models, so that’s cool :)

I’ll have to check out the Grand Pix one. I might have already down Ticket to Ride Junior, can’t remember, but anything to get him off the constant Beyblade stuff.

They’re out of print, so new copies basically don’t exist, but this is the one we have

https://www.ebay.com/i/382161327394?chn=ps&dispItem=1

That $25 is reasonable for a good condition copy. Not too long ago they were going for more. A lot more.

Pretty much. It’s essentially a dynamic Diablo (original) in that you always have a town that serves as the focal point, and a dungeon underneath with various amounts of levels to it. There is no main storyline, you’re just given quests that involve the dungeon, and occasionally stuff happens in town like the town is attacked or it’s people revolt, and you have to address that. Once you reach a certain point, the town is “saved” and you move on to the next one, with a new random dungeon and events. It sounds like it would get tedious quickly, but it really doesn’t. Something about it just keeps you plugging away…one more quest, one more item, one more town…

If your group is into ARPGs and doesn’t mind that there isn’t actually a plot that can be “finished”, then yes. The myriad of class/skill combinations means everyone can play a character that does something they like while still working well together. Keep in mind, the game is eight years old, and was an indie title to begin with, so graphics/sound/etc. are obviously a bit dated.

I also highly recommend the Demon War DLC as it adds more class combinations and lots of content…however it’s not on sale at the moment, and there is no need to own it to enjoy Din’s Curse, so maybe wait to see if you like the base game, then grab Demon War next time it’s on sale.

Knuckle Cracker’s Creeper World and Particle Fleet games are on sale on Gamersgate.

https://www.gamersgate.com/developer/1221/knuckle-cracker

F1 2015 is free on humble bundle for 2 days.

I liked Creeper World 3 a lot - are the Particle Fleet games similar in any way?