Bargain Thread 2018

They are fucking awesome, and creepy as hell. Play some of the Cube Escape games before you decide, though. They’re free either on mobile or on places like Kongregate, and while the Rusty Lake installments are a bit different (and bigger), the sensibilities (and universe) are the same.

There are none that require any cross-connection to complete. There are, however, a couple of bonus endings that require it. But only a couple.

Ah ok, thanks for the info. For the price, it’s got to be worth a shot.

Anyway… on behalf of Sakkura Studios, I’d like to give out a shout out to the Degica sale on Humble Bundle. I don’t know if Code of Princess (60% off) is any good, but it clearly has some the hardest working artwork out there.

DeathSmiles (60% off) is one of the better Cave bullet hell shmups out there. With a tagline like : “Death smiles on everyone. Lolis smile back!” how can you lose? And the final boss is not juste regular Satan, but Tyrannosatan, so you know it’s good.

It looks like only the base Age of Wonders is on sale, which is too bad. I will hold off for now, despite the temptation.

Besides, I have to play the shit out of Battletech.

Code of Princess is fun in theory, but the 3DS original had some problems, the port is apparently pretty janky and doesn’t fix a lot of those problems, and there’s an upcoming Switch remake that seems to fix a lot of the issues that both the 3DS and PC versions had, so if you’re particularly interested in the game and have a Switch, it might be worth waiting.

I have an extra physical copy I should give away.

Day Two of the Fanatical Deals Week brings the excellent side-scrolling cyberpunk game DEX for $1.49 (93%).

Also, get the brand new Steampunk society survival game Frostpunk from the creators of This War of Mine for $24 (20%) with code SUPER6.

Humble has a new CAPCOM-SEGA PlayStation Bundle Live:

Meanwhile, Steam has Games from Denmark on sale for Midweek Madness. Lots of titles to choose from, including:

• Expeditions : Conquistadors and Expeditions : Vikings
  • Warhammer 40K Space Hulk and Space Hulk Ascension
  • Wartile
  • The Hitman franchise
  • Forced and Forced : Showdown
  • and many more

Day Three of the Fanatical Deals Week offers the Stronghold Collection for $3.99 (80%). The collection contains Stronghold HD, Stronghold 2 : Steam Edition, Stronghold Crusader HD + Extreme Edition (adds 20 missions and larger armies), and Stronghold Legends. Fun games that are certainly worth $4.

Also at Fanatical, the Must Play 3 Bundle offers 10 Steam games for $3.99. Not sure any of them truly qualify as “must play”, but Star Story : The Horizon Escape, G.E.O. and 1775 : Rebellion all look fairly interesting.

IndieGala has a new Hump Day Bundle live. $3.49 for 10 Steam games. I don’t know anything about any of them.

So, going by that, theoretically I’d be able to ask for a refund for Deathwar 3030 if I hadn’t played or redeemed it, in case it ended up in a Humble Monthly.

That’s how I read it, at least. They seem like reasonable folk, so my guess is that’s the line they’d draw.

Never hurts to ask, they did right by me when I accidentally bought the same bundle twice. They even left the duplicate entries in my library, but I would feel like a jerk if I actually redeemed the second set of Steam keys.

Day Four of the Star Deals Week on Fanatical brings you MegaTagmension Blanc Deluxe Edition for $7.19 (80%). I’m not sure where this even fits in the Hyper/Mega/Dimension/Whatever deal…but one of the girls wears a beret, so it must be art.

If that’s not your bag, check out the Civil War Dollar Bundle. $1 for 7 games in the Civil War series from indie developer HexWar Games. Be advised, these are very basic strategy wargames, nothing fancy, and some users have complained of issues with crashing/graphics problems.

If more modern conflict is what you prefer, try the Tank Battle Dollar Bundle. Again, $1 for 7 games in the Tank Battle Series from developer HexWar Games. Basically the same deal as the Civil War series above, just a different theme and era.

Paradox Sale at IndieGala includes Pillars of Eternity for $10 and Tyranny for $15.
IndieGala Store has Alien Isolation Collection for $9.49.

New HOG bundle up: Artifex Mundi 9 , it has 10 games for $3.49

https://www.indiegala.com/indiegala-artifex-mundi-9-steam-bundle

Day 5 of Fanatical’s Star Deal week offers up Yooka-Laylee for $11.99 (70%).

The Bob and Crew Bundle is $9.99 and features 4 very good indie titles:

• Human Fall Flat
  • Bomber Crew
  • Serial Cleaner
  • Stealth Inc. 2

Steam has a Play for FREE Weekend on Day of Infamy. Purchase for $6.00 (70%) if you enjoy.
Also Play for FREE on Steam this weekend, ARMA 3. Buy for $13.59 (66%).

Day of Infamy is superb if you used to like Day of Defeat: Source or its peers.

It also has a really fantastic co-op vs. AI (PVE with different difficulty levels) if you feel like you will be rusty against human players. I have gotten way more value than what I paid for it originally. Great game.

Amongst them, the Persian Nights is one of the best they published. Very short, featuring very few HOG scenes, but overall endearing. I tremendously enjoyed it and hope Sodigital, the guys who did it, come up with other games in that vein.

Wishlisted it!

New Humble CryEngine 2018 Bundle is live:

Nice deal if you’re looking at playing around with CryEngine, as they include a bunch of samples and assets. As far as games go:

• The $1 tier has Rolling Sun, Aporia : Beyond the Valley, and The Land of Pain.
  • BTA (currently $6) adds some decent titles in SNOW, Miscreated, Ryse : Son of Rome, Sniper : Ghost Warrior 2 and UAYEB
  • $15 Tier unlocks Sniper : Ghost Warrior 3 and Homefront : The Revolution, which is a decent deal just for those two games alone.

Humble also has a 1C Publisher Sale happening in it’s store. Lots of good deals on good titles.

They also have the obligatory Star Wars Day Sale because May the Fourth is right around the corner. Pretty much the same deals as always.

Fanatical deal today is a Flight Sim Bundle for $1. 2 games and 2 DLC. Combat Wings : Battle of Britain and Dogfight 1942 along with Fire over Africa and Russia Under Siege DLCs for Dogfight 1942

HOG and casual players will enjoy IndieGala’s new Phoenix Online 2 Bundle. 13 Steam games for $3.99