Bargain Thread 2018

Is this ARPG Zombasite any good, or even a real bargain?: https://chrono.gg

$7.50 today.

i cant tell if thats an endorsement for redout or not.

I like and suck at it.

I’ve only played one of the wipeout games ever, and I really loved this. If you like anti-grav races, you’ll likely like it as well.

On my wishlist are these other Wipeout-like (well, that’s a stretch) games but I haven’t given them any scrutiny:

Distance -early access
Radial-G: Racing Revolved
GRIP (remake I believe, I played the original when it came out) -early access
Trackmania Turbo

GRIP is more or less a recreation of Rollcage (phenomenal game).

It’s from Soldak, makers of forum favorites Drox Operative, Depths of Peril and Din’s Curse.

Which means yes of course it’s good and you need to buy it.

im quite ready for GRIPs full release as well. that will probably be a day 1 purchase for me.

Here’s a bargain - IL-2 Sturmovik: Battle of Stalingrad for $17. Works great in VR!

Though personally I’d buy it on the official site:

Does this have the fancy new single player thingy that has been in the past couple Flare Paths on RPS?

Yep!

First of all, the old dynamic campaign is now replaced by the new Career. In this mode we have tried to create the best single-player experience we could. We’ve taken some elements from our Rise of Flight Career mode you may be familiar with and some from the Battle of Stalingrad campaign system and we added tons of new features and abilities along the way. This mode takes a WWII combat pilot experience to the next level and works in any theatre of war you own - Battle of Stalingrad, Battle of Moscow and Battle of Kuban. If you have all three, you can play through all of them with the same character, starting in the cold winter of 1941 and finishing in 1943 on the warm shores of the Black Sea. The AI has been significantly improved to function in this mode as well. It is important to note that we plan to develop it further improving it and adding new mission types and interesting gameplay features in the very near future.

FINE.

Is IL-2 one of those balls-hard flight sims where I probably would never make it off of the tarmac and the tiniest breeze would doom my flight?

Yes, but you can also turn most of those settings down to ‘mere mortal’.

Ha! Mere Mortal is about my speed with flight sims. Thanks for the info.

As Fishbreath says, you can turn down the settings, also there is a “start in the air” and “don’t bother with landings” setting. Which allows you to just have fun flying and shooting things. It is a very good game btw.

Oh shit, that campaign sounds great. It’s dynamic?

I haven’t played in the new patch yet (too busy in FC5) but I believe the career missions are dynamically generated, rather than being scripted.

But I’m not sure it has stuff like dynamic fronts and persistant damage states for infrastructure etc.

According to RPS it’s not WOFF-level, but it sounds pretty good.