Bargain Thread 2018

Sally’s Law is temporarily free on android. Easy puzzle platformer with good reviews.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.Nanali.SallysLaw

Fanatical has FPS (First Person Spellcaster) dungeon crawler Ziggurat for only $2.49 (83%) as the Star Deal today.

IndieGala has a Monday Motivation Bundle for $2.99 that contains 12 Steam games. Soulcaster I/II, Goldmine and Questr all look somewhat interesting.

Steam has 600 Weeklong Deals this week, including:

The original Age of Wonders was great, but does it still hold up?

I am not sure why anyone would want that over 2 or 3 since those are both good games and not too expensive. I’d be curious too though if someone does buy it to share why. I remember playing 1 when it came out. It was great, that’s for sure.

I just remember the battle maps in AoW1 being way too large and it got tedious to just get the battle started.

Age of Wonders 2 was definitely a worse game then Age Wonders 1. The Shadow Magic Stand alone expansion holds up, but I don’t think anyone plays the original Age of Wonders 2.

I might have been thinking of Shadows of Magic. I know there was a good after 1 but before 3.

Yeah, Shadow Magic pretty much made the game great, with the edition of new units and sides.

There is a wonderful mod to Shadow Magic that brings back themed priests, something Apge of Wonders 2 was missing.

If I were choosing today, I’g go with 3 with the expansions. It’s probably a preference thing but I usually only go back to the originals when there hasn’t been much luck with the ones made after or they lost something on the journey.

For example, I still play Theme Hospital on occasion.

The best thing about the first one was the wonderfully written non-linear campaigns with multiple choices and endings. I think they absolutely still hold up.

Right? I loved my Dark Elf ending, which was grimdark as hell.

Yeah, they were immense. I had a great time replaying it a few years ago, but used a cheat code to end the levels when I had basically won.

Fantastic new Humble Strategy Bundle today:

$1 for Steam keys to:

• Dungeon of the Endless
  • Endless Space Collection
  • Planetary Annihilation : Titans
  • Company of Heroes 2 - Whale and Dolphin Conservation Charity Unit Pattern Pack

BTA (Starting at $6) and receive:

• Total War : Empire Collection
  • Endless Legend Classic Edition
  • Endless Legend Tempest DLC
  • 66% off Total War : Warhammer coupon

Pay $12 and unlock:

• Tooth and Tail
  • Endless Space 2 - Standard Edition

Every game in the bundle is excellent. I already own everything in the lower tiers, but $6 each for Tooth and Tail and Endless Space 2 is still a great deal!

God damn it. I bought Tooth and Tail literally yesterday, after checking everywhere for a sale.

My humble (bundle) apologies. I only report the deals, I can’t prognosticate them. :(

Was it Steam so you can submit for refund?

Well, I guess I need to sign up for the tournament after all.

Oh, I’m not mad at you! It’s just hilariously bad timing. I guess I’m mad at, I dunno, God, or the team of researchers who run our simulation.

I’ll try that. I don’t think I put two hours into it yet.

Newegg, as they often do, has a 50% off code for game stuff in their latest e-mail. Notable is that Star Wars Battlefront II is in there and it comes down to a historic low of $25.

Looks like there are multiple DLCs for Endless Legend. Is the base and Tempest all I “need”, or do I have to have them all for the “full experience”?

In other words, if someone were to ask me about Age of Wonders 3, I would tell them to buy every single bit of DLC or they’d be missing out on the game’s greatness. Does the same apply here?

Unfortunately, I love the expansion factions, so…