Bargain Thread 2018

Honestly, I really love Endless Legend and ALL it’s DLC, but owning the DLC is absolutely NOT necessary to enjoy the game. In fact, I would recommend playing it without any DLC to start with, just to get a feel for how the game works in it’s vanilla state.

Each of the main DLC adds some new aspect to the game (as well as adding factions and other content).

• Guardians adds new legendary buildings as well as giant creatures and other gameplay tweaks.
  • Shifters brings an all new gameplay aspect to winters, as well as a new faction that excels in the winter.
  • Tempest adds water/naval aspects to the game and a faction built to take advantage of it.
  • Shadows adds espionage and a faction that is built to take advantage of it.

Personally, that is the order I would add them to your play cycle, as each builds upon the previous fairly nicely. Playing with them all enabled at once would be overwhelming for a new player.

• Echoes of Auriga adds additional soundtrack to the game.
  • The Lost Tales adds additional quest/task content and background for the minor factions.

I liked Lost Tales a lot because the rewards for completing the minor faction stories often included armies from that faction, and the stories themselves gave the game more atmosphere.

All the DLC goes on sale so often that I would recommend playing the base game and waiting for the next 75% off sale or bundle, then loading up on everything at that point.

Oh was it the Guardians one that only added the giants? I’d say you can skip that one at least.

If any regulars here buy the Humble Bundle with Tooth and Tail, but already has / doesn’t want it - I’d pay $5 for it. At least it would help defray the bundle cost for you if you were interested in other stuff.

Sold. Thanks!

well there goes my completed Steam games percentage.

…well, on the upside, no one can publicly shame you for that stuff anymore in 3rd party sites like SteamCalculator since it’s all going private by default.

Sending PM

OMGOMG you guys. YOU GUYS. Chrono.gg has Drox Operative – the finest space game in the last decade – on sale for $4.

https://chrono.gg/

I wasn’t going to get it, even for $4 due to my backlog of shame but you convinced me. :D

Smart man. ;)

• Moved to giveaway thread -

Oops. This should be in Giveaway thread.

Fanatical has Tales of Berseria as it’s Star Deal today for $14.99 (70%). That is lower than it’s previous historic low on Steam/Fanatical/Humble.

Play Skyrim : Special Edition FREE for the weekend at Steam. Purchase for $19.99 (50%).
Ghost Recon : Wildlands is also FREE to play over the weekend, and discounted to $19.79 (66%) for purchase.
Steam also has a dozen titles available in it’s RePlay Sale benefitting the charity. 70%-85% off stuff like X:COM, CIV V and others.

Big discounts (bigger than Steam’s if you’re a Monthly Subscriber) on British Academy Games Awards Nominees over at Humble Store.

Wow! Tales of Berseria is already sold out.

Wasn’t allowed to click this link or open it in a new tab/window. Only copypasting it worked. Freaky.

Another Crusader Kings sale at the paradox store after the massive sale and giveaway of CK2 on steam. They are really trying to shift as many units as they can before CK3 is announced.

That’s what I first thought, but it still strikes me as so weird that Paradox would have a dev team churning out CK2 expansions even up until a couple of months ago while a separate team was making CK3. For Paradox to announce CK3 it would have to be quite far along (that was their self-stated new policy at least).

You have an anti British filter on your web browser.

I always doubted CK 3 would ever see the light of day, as long as Paradox can keep pumping out DLC for 2

Wait, Crusader Kings III? Are they skipping Victoria III? It’s easily my favorite Paradox game, but I haven’t been keeping up with their inner workings. I assumed it was Vicky’s turn for a sequel now.