Bargain Thread 2018

Wondering why this isn’t getting more attention. Really liked it. And: They added sort of turned based combat! It’s Legend of Grimrock without a party and cumbersome puzzles… but with a rewarding progression system and Bioshock-like setting/atmosphere. enough advertising

Guys, wait for the final humble bundle reveals before buying any discounted games today, usually one or two of them come up. My bet is Valorum will be one of them.

Man, if I’d seen a game like Vaporum back in the mid-90s, my head would have probably exploded, since I was a fan of M&M: World of Xeen.

I ain’t saying this isn’t legit, but I always find myself raising an eyebrow at deals like this. You can’t see me, but I’m doing it right now.

In this case the seller is eBay themselves so it’s pretty legitimate.

Steam is offering XCOM2 for 33% of the usual price. I liked the first one well enough, will I like this one too? I remember reading it has timed missions which I’m not a big fan of.

XCOM 2 is great, much better than XCOM 1 IMHO. I think they added some options to it to tune or get rid of the mission timers. Certainly there are mods to do that in any case. You might want to pick up the war of the chosen DLC too.

Are you sure? I stopped playing because of them.

That’s a pretty pricey DLC. Not much of a bargain. Anyway I bought Nier Automata instead for 50%:

If you don’t mind a bit of savescumming, they are completely doable. Without savescumming, timed missions can be a bit hairy but if you play your cards right they are manageable. On normal.

I thought War of the Chosen was a standalone expansion that you can buy instead of buying XCOM 2? At least, that’s the case on Xbox and PS4. Ever since its release, I’ve always wondered, is it worth getting both, or when I eventually am in the mood for more XCOM, should I just jump straight to War of the Chosen and skip XCOM2?

Not sure where you are based, but CDKeys has EU XCom 2 Steam Key very cheap at the mo.

If you liked the first one, you’ll definitely like the second. There are mods which allow you to counter the worst of the timed missions.

Unfortunately, it is a normal expansion and not a standalone, even on consoles. [EDIT: It’s $10 cheaper on PC, though.]

Fortunately, it is an outstanding expansion pack. You lose nothing and gain a lot by going straight to War of the Chosen instead of vanilla XCOM 2.

Whenever you’re interested, there are mods which either extend or do away with timers.

I’d argue that XCOM 2 vanilla is worth playing first. War of the Chosen, while excellent, introduces SO much new content that it may be overwhelming to the first time player.

Wario64’s Twitter should be in every gamer’s feed. He’s got the deals.

I would say play XCOM 2 first, then when you are bored of it, play war of the chosen, which will freshen up the game play a lot.

Looks like Halcyon 6 is on sale over at Steam for $5.99, you all thought that was pretty good right?

I did switched after putting in about 8 hours into vanilla. I actually would start straight away with the expansion. The campaign is the same, and you will have to replay significant portions if you don’t.