Bargain Thread 2018

This is true, however, the new mechanics can freshen things up. It depends on what your tolerance is for re-playing the same story is. I personally have very little tolerance for that, but it was like a year between when I played the original and the expansion. I also think I am in the minority of gamers. It seems that most people do not mind doing multiple playthroughs, and if that is the case, then doing the original first and then the second is a good way to do it.

I can’t remember anything about it, but I remember it was fun.

It’s buyer beware for XCOM 2 on Steam right now. People who just bought the game are saying it won’t run, although not everyone is having the problem. I, and quite a few others, downloaded the free trial to try it but that won’t launch either. The response from a moderator was that we’ll look into the sporadic problem of people who bought the game, but we’re not going to bother helping those who can’t play the free demo. Well screw you and your shitty customer support then!

I’ve got the whole thing with DLC, so when I’m home I’ll check to see if it works on my machine.

Anyone know if it’s been patched recently?

I played on @BrianRubin 's recommendation and had a nice time although it’s not my favorite. SF JRPG-style combat.

I played WotC right from the get go, without first playing vanilla. It was completely fine. I have also played XCOM 1 (EW skipping vanilla again) so I am not a complete noob.

Like EW I can’t imagine playing XCOM 2 without WotC. You get so many new toys to play with the Chosens are just minor annoyance in comparison. Just pick your regions carefully to finish off the Chosens one at a time. Tactically think of a Chosen as a strong pod in itself and plan accordingly.

My advice re XCOM 2: get the GTS upgrade first, because you want to get more bodies on the field of battle ASAP. Otherwise you can really bone your chances in the campaign.

Trains, zombies, a cool story and addictive gameplay. Get it all with The Final Station as Fanatical’s Star Deal for only $1 (93%). That’s a steal.

So I guess Razer has a game store now? Looks like a sale for some Paradox products going on currently.

https://gamestore.razer.com/home.html

Reading online it looks like they give you keys for Steam or Uplay.

They have Battletech on sale for $31.99 at the moment with the following included as well:

This week, purchase any of the four Razer Exclusives to get:

$15 Razer Game Store discount voucher
More zSilver earned per purchase
$10 Razerstore hardware voucher

So apparently the Razer discount applies to any of the games here so it sounds like they will pay you $1 to buy Stellaris?

I understood it as buy one of those games and you will get a code to apply to a future purchase. They do have some conditions on them though. Must be used within 30 days, and the purchase must be a certain price.

Elex for $21.99, cheapest I’ve seen it, better than last week’s sales.

https://www.direct2drive.com/#!/download-elex/5012910

I think I have to swear off of paradox games. Too much dlc which never goes on sale required to get the game you thought you would get.

Cogmind has been updated to Beta 6, and is on a slight sale this week which, I think, may be a first?
Edit: ah, nevermind, it was -25% off during the Winter sale.

$15 voucher is good for any future purchase of $30 or more in which all games must be priced at $15 or more. So using those parameters…

You could buy Stellaris for $14 right now, then use the voucher to purchase For the King ($15) and Age of Wonders 3 Collection ($17.50) and end up paying $31.50, or $10.50 each, for all three games. Not too shabby, plus you’d still have the $10 hardware voucher to spend as well.

Gray market CDkeys.com $25~ Canadian for PlayAnywhere (both versions Xbox1 and Win10) of Middle-Earth Shadow of War
https://www.cdkeys.com/xbox-live/games/middle-earth-shadow-of-war-digital-standard-edition-xbox-one

GMG is celebrating its 8th birthday with a 8 day sale. 1 new AMAZING deal every 24 hours, and a bunch of new deals every 8 hours, going on for the next 8 days.

Also a 25% off code: GMGBDAY

https://www.greenmangaming.com/

That is a darn good price (and if you have an Xbone it’s a no-brainer) but I’m a little leery of buying games with Windows Store keys because I already had the experience with Forza Horizon 3 of having the game just refuse to launch a few months after purchase. Figured it out and managed to play it anyway, but still.

Wazzaaaaap dudes, a phat new bundle’s in town, and this means war. Score sick games like Rising Storm 2: Vietnam - Digital Deluxe Edition, Day of Infamy Deluxe Edition, 8-Bit Armies, and more. Your friends’ll be all, oh snap, these gamez are the bomb.

Don’t hate me. That’s how Humble Bundle chose to describe their new Humble War Gamez bundle, which includes Panzer Corps + DLC in the $1 tier among some other stuff I find mostly uninteresting.

how do you do, fellow gamers