Bargain Thread 2018

Anyone have a referral key I can use?

It seems like you can give some one some sort of credit for signing up, so if anyone in Qt3 would like some credit let me know.

Thank you @robc04

Whoa, awesome, thanks!

Fanatical Star Deal today is Osiris : New Dawn. $11.25 (55%) for this EA alien world survival exploration game with multiplayer co-op. Frostpunk is still the Flash Deal for 20+ more hours, $22.49 (25%).

Also at Fanatical, the Anime Chest Bundle bounces back, this time with 3 tiers of anime card games featuring up to 12 titles for $3.49.

GreenManGaming appears to be having a sale in conjunction with PDXCON Weekend. All Paradox titles steeply discounted with an additional 22% off if you use code PDX22. That would make for deals like:

• Age of Wonders III Collection - $9.75
  • Tyranny Commander Edition - $12
  • Stellaris - $12.50

25% off Frostpunk, Vermintide II or Pillars of Eternity II : Deadfire using code OUTNOW25.

No Man’s Sky is $18 with code BOTR25.

Unfortunately, their servers seem to be freaking out at the moment, so you may want to wait a bit before trying to purchase. It looks like everyone is having a Paradox sale due to PDXCON, but GMG still seems to have the steepest discounts with the PDX20 code.

Over at Humble Store, the Spring Sale continues.
Get Galactic Civilizations II Ultimate Edition FREE for a limited time.
Also, Stamp Collecting has been reset. Visit each day to collect a stamp. First one gets you a 10% off coupon for Surviving Mars and 10% off for new Humble Monthly Subscribers. Three stamps nets you AI WAR : Fleet Command for FREE, Five stamps nets you 12 Is Better Than 6 for FREE as well. Not too shabby.

Steam has Reus as the Daily Deal for $1.49. That’s a great price for a unique game.
Also on offer at Steam, Middle Earth : Shadow of War is play for FREE all weekend and on sale for $29.99 (50%)
Rainbow Six : Siege is also play for FREE all weekend, and on sale for $19.99 (50%)
And they too have a Paradox PDXCON Weekend Sale, though not as nuts as GMG’s prices. I do take perverse pride in the fact that I own all the games in the “Old School Cool” section of the Steam Paradox sale.

Still $8 more than my buy-in price, sadly.

Anime Chest Bundle, you say?

I… uh, ah screw it, I can’t add anything else to this.

Would you say it’s a bust, then?

I just don’t see the point.

Tits!

Wait, I’m not doing this right.

Thank you!

I ended up paying half of the full MSRP for No Man’s Sky well after the game released. I was a bit gunshy about the public reaction to the game. Having now played (and still playing) the game I would have happily paid full price for No Man’s Sky. I truly love the game, especially after last Summer’s big update. I think the gaming community had some collective mass hallucination about NMS. If you approach the game on its own terms I found a lot to love and embrace. One of my favorite games of the last few years.

YMMV.

$10 , when you use code BOTR25.

Fine, I finally bought the damned thing. Now to see if it lives up to its reputation, good or not.

I still agree with the “No Mans Grind” comments that you see on forums.

I got bored with it after 10 hours.

I hope you enjoy the game. I don’t want to steer anyone wrong or against their preferences. I can only speak from my own experience and I really took to NMS (as have several others here at QT3). I would recommend going in with an open mind.

I also preferred Survival mode though that is not to everyone’s taste. It made for a very interesting immersive, and intense experience on the starting planet.

I’m very tempted on NMS for $18…but I can’t shake the feeling that since it’s been under $20 several times in several places over the past couple of weeks, it’s heading for a $15 price point in a Summer Sale soon AND/OR could be a Humble Monthly headliner over the summer.

I can afford to be patient though, as I have a huge backlog and very limited gaming time until late June…right around the time of the Steam Summer Sale coincidentally. Hmmm…that could be a very bad thing…

I’m holding out for the Xbox release myself. Think it’ll work better on my tv.

I’m not sure… given the Xbox version releases on July 24, maybe they’re less likely to drop the price on other platforms around that time?

I saw that The Technomancer was <$7 over at Humbestore.

@Bateau @Razgon , did you guys ever finish it? I saw there was no official thread for it, but you both mentioned enjoying it in the Mars War Logs thread of olde.

For those who haven’t gotten XCOM2 yet, Chrono.gg has the complete collection today for $44.99 - base game, 4 DLC, and War of the Chosen.

I did! Had its stengths, had its weaknesses. Nothing wrong with plot, characters, graphics, combat, monster design. A lot wrong with how you spend endless hours going back and forth through the same corridors of respawning beasties. $7 is fine for the good bits, but it really does not respect your time.