Bargain Thread 2018

Four free games to promote their monthly charging service in a different way at Humble. If you are a monthly subscriber, this offers nothing new to you.

I can only speak for Uurnog, which is a very pleasing platforming experience from Nifflas.

So much for being patient…I just folded like a lawn chair and snagged it. Turns out I could get Tyranny for $12 and No Man’s Sky for $18 (after discount codes), which I justified as $15 each…the price point I was looking for on both. It also helped that I had a couple bucks in store credit I didn’t realize I still had…so more like $14 each final price. Now all I need is time…

Oh, and if anyone else is on the fence on anything in the GMG Birthday sale (there are some really good deals after you use the codes)…maybe an additional $2 discount will tempt you. If you’re new to GMG, and looking to spend $20 or more (total in cart after using codes), you can get another $2 in instant store credit if you use my referral link (shameless plug!!).

Tyranny or PoE2? I want an RPG that I can play on my Mac when on the go and both will work. I backed and played PoE but never finished it. But it’s got newness hype. Tyranny looks like an interesting setting. For reference, Baldur’s Gate 2 is one of my all-time favorite games.

Tyranny has a ton of flaws, but I found its world-building and exposition far stronger than PoE.

I liked Tyranny much more than PoE.

I haven’t finished Tyranny yet, but me too. I hear the ending of Tyranny is not great. But… well, neither is PoE, frankly, just a different sort of ‘not great’.

Also, and it is only a guess, but I think if Pillars of Eternity 2 ran on a MacBook, it could be a major source of overheating, if that is a concern. The game looks a lot more graphically intensive than the previous ones.

@lordkosc I got almost to the end before I got sidetracked and found the game very enjoyable to play. If you liked Mars: Wars Logs then you will definitely like Technomancer.

Note that the game being asked about is Pillars 2, which is refined in a number of ways over the first game and seems to be getting a much less mixed reception.

Personally I’ve enjoyed what I’ve played of all three games but found combat too chaotic to be worth troubling over in the original Pillars so prefer Tyranny’s slightly more sedate approach and am skeptical I’ll enjoy that end of Pillars 2 either. And I just find Tyranny’s premise so much more appealing and original.

Re: Technomancer

Thanks for the replies, I picked it up for a bit under $5 due to some store credit I had, so yay! I hope to give it some time this weekend. I am pretty sure I paid like $5 for Mars War Logs a few years back and enjoyed it enough to finish it.

Stumbled on this: Xbox One X from NewEgg via eBay for $410 w/free shipping: https://www.ebay.com/p/Microsoft-Xbox-One-X-1TB-Black-Console/238382386

Elder Scrolls Online Summerset expansion is out May 21, last chance to preorder for a bonus mount and pet. Normal price is $40, GMG has it for $30 and 20% off coupon “SUMMER20” takes it down to $24.

I stumbled on a sale over at Beamdog. I was looking for info on Baldur’s Gate Enhanced Edition, and found that most of the enhanced games were on sale including Siege of Dragonspear for $6.79.

New Killer Bundle over on Fanatical (can’t easily link on phone). $5 gets you some genuinely interesting games like The Technomancer (historic low for that by itself, I think), Signal from Tolva, and The Swindle. Less excitingly, you also get the PewDiePie game, thus giving money to that guy.

The Swindle is worth $5 by itself, kind of a roguelike heist game.

The PewDiePie game is included in the bundle. Even at a heavy discount, I’m sure he’ll make something off the bundle. So no thanks.

Thanks for the warning. That makes it an easy pass.

I’m probably going to regret asking this, but why all the Pewdiepie hate?

Do you want the PDP is a racist or PDP is a misogynist answer first?

“Edgy” racism and anti-semitism.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PewDiePie#Controversial_videos,network_drop_and_streaming(2017)