Bargain Thread 2018

All right, I have a better idea of who this guy is and what he does. Personally I still think the bundle is strong for $5, I’m down even if some YouTube weirdo gets a cut.

I also would feel shamed by owning a game based on a YouTube "personality’ even if he weren’t personally dubious.

A person could always not redeem the key, or post it on Reddit or the giveaway thread to make it “not yours.”

The Killer IX Bundle mentioned by @malkav11 is a great deal at $4.99, even if you do put a few cents into PDP’s pocket. Technomancer, Signal from Tolva, Forward to the Sky, Unloved, Swindle and Zenith all get positive reviews and are interesting games. Still, PDP is a douchebag of epic proportions, so totally understandable if anyone wants to skip this deal on principles. Also, it’s BundleFest week, so there will be several more bundles to choose from.

Maybe check out the Sudden Strike Trilogy Star Deal instead? $2.49 for Sudden Strike Gold, Sudden Strike 2 Gold and Sudden Strike 3, classic WW2 RTS games on Steam.

Steam has 702 Weeklong Deals including:

Humble Store Spring Sale continues. Remember to collect your daily visit stamps to redeem for “AI War : Fleet Command” and “12 Is Better Than 6” for FREE.

GMG Birthday Sale is still on as well. Lots of special discounts to make cheap games even cheaper.

Gah I just bought and registered the Technomancer 2 days ago from Humble Store, lol. At least it was only $6.

Dang, I’ve been waiting for Dominions 5 to go on sale, but I just can’t pull the trigger, not after getting both Age of Wonders 3 and constantly playing Battletech.

I guess this game will just have to wait until the next sale.

10% off Steam gift cards at Best Buy.

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/valve-steam-wallet-20-gift-card-multi/6576811.p?skuId=6576811

DEAD

Apparently it was a glitch?

Think I will cave and pick up that bundle from fanatical…and I bet the next monthly Humble will include them all.

Speaking of which, this is the last week to make up one’s mind to pause-a-month. Destiny 2 is not calling my name, so I’m planning to pause. In fact I’m going to do that right now before I forget.

Steam weeklong deal also includes Stars in Shadow for $10

Indiegala’s newest crapobundle includes… Star Fleet Armada Rogue Adventure, that gem of a game, Our own @BrianRubin’s, and probably Tom’s GOTY of 2017*.
You’ll get it for 3,49$, which is the first time it is discounted. The other games are probably not worth the couple of calories spent activating them, but I’d be happy to be corrected.

* didn’t check on that but I’ll put that sticker on the box anyway.

Also Predynastic Egypt (it was another name before I think, but got changed because the civilization word isn’t public domain anymore) is 2.49$. I was intrigued by it when it was streamed, but I profoundly disliked “Marble Age”, as is now called the developer’s previous effort. Did anybody play it extensively ?

I played a lot of Marble Age. It’s goofy but I found it addictive. Predynastic Egypt I didn’t play as much. If you hated Marble Age, there’s certainly no reason to buy Egypt.

That game ALONE makes this bundle AMAZING and you all need to get it.

By the looks of it, that is another Soldak joint, correct?

Nope!

If you’re referring to Star Fleet Armada Rogue Adventure, no, it’s by Walter Denny Lacroix, who did Atari games back in the 80s.

Yes, I was referring to that one. The YouTube video made it look amazingly similar to Drox Operative.

This was streamed on @Qt3 a while ago, but I haven’t played it.

A few good games on sale at GreenManGaming today thanks to a 2k publisher sale. Use the code 2K20 at checkout for an additional 20% off:

Borderlands 2 GOTY Edition: ~$0.18/hr

Mafia III Digital Deluxe Edition: ~$2.08/hr

Civilization V Complete Edition: ~$0.19/hr