Bargain Thread 2018

It shows 15$ here. I always knew GOG thought I was a sucker.

That’s the AUD price I think - my locale is Australia.

Games sold cheaper in Australia than other countries? Shocking!

Pillars of Eternity: Definitive Edition is free for Twitch Prime members (and thus all Amazon Prime members, I know there are many on this forum) for the next two days. I guess they are giving away a free game every day or something for some promotion.

Anyways, it’s $30 on the Steam Summer Sale, so I figured it was worth mentioning in case anyone is interested.

Wow - really surprised that this would be offered on Twitch. Actually, I notice a lot of the free games offered have been RPGs or Strategy games, which I normally don’t think of ranking high on their live-streamability (e.g. Banner Saga).

Nice! I never got around to purchasing the DLC for it, so now I don’t have to. So how do I play this?

At least it was free!

Full schedule:

https://static.gamespot.com/uploads/original/1165/11653967/3408853-primeday_calendar.png

Thanks!

I see QUBE 2 and OBSERVER are gonna be offered! WoooHoooo!

Thanks for listing them!

Holy crap! Pillars Complete, Tyranny, Tacoma, Broken Age…that’s some sweet loot just for being an Amazon Prime / Twitch Prime member!

You forget the best game on that list, Brutal Legend!

Hell yes! Even though most of us probably own that on several platforms by this point.

WOW - that is an awesome list. Are they that desperate for desktop twitch installs? Very weird to the push to be so strong.

That is an incredible list. >Observer has been on my wishlist for awhile now, too!

Does this mean I have to install ANOTHER damn game portal/client? Or are the games installed independantly of the twitch app?

Also, I finished PoE but never got around to White March. Was kinda planning to just go straight to PoE2 next. Is White March considered an essential dlc?

Not essential, but it is certainly worth doing if you’re still in PoE1-mode. If you shut the book on that game and want to move on, skip it.

Thanks. Reckon I’ll move on then. Finished PoE a while ago and was looking forward to the updated engine/interface.

Short answer is yes - you need another game client. It is primarily a desktop version of Twitch.tv however.

Nobody’s putting a gun to your head, you can always spend money to buy the games on Steam. I mean, you are literally complaining about a free lunch.

Having another application does not make me happy either. I think it’s okay to complain about that, and I am the one that posted all this Prime Day free game stuff in the Prime Day topic.

I am fully aware that this is a very privileged complaint. Just trying to assess how much that content is interesting and worth it for me to install a new client…