Bargain Thread 2018

Pricing error on XB1 edition of Darksiders 3 -

Yes, thank you for posting that.

Very tempting. I almost bit, until I realized: wait a minute, I still haven’t played the second game because I haven’t gotten around to it yet. Why would I buy the third game, even if there’s a pricing error?

Heh.

Looks like it’s only version 1.7.0. According to the game’s Steam page, though, the current version is 2.1. Has anyone who’s taken advantage of this deal been able to get version 2.1?

Nope, mine shows version 1.7.0.1352 :(

Try contacting the developer and asking wassup.

According to this link, it’s not Amazon or the developer selling the product, but pirates trying to make a steal. As it’s not the latest version, it sound possible.

https://steamcommunity.com/app/296570/discussions/0/1489987634013222629/?ctp=2

Wow! That sucks. Breaking my links, sorry for that guys. Contact Amazon for refunds.

Well, crap.

Shit, I got it a few months ago from Amazon when it was on sale last time. I wonder if I could still get a refund?

So you can sell pirated games via digital distribution on Amazon now. It’s a brave new world, ladies and gents.

I don’t see any option to refund the purchase. Any advice y’all?

Contact Amazon customer service. They’ll call you immediately.

Another flag for this version: later versions of the game (post 1.7xxxx) add Steam Workshop compatibility, among other bug fixes, etc.

I would imagine that makes it impossible to patch to version 2.1xxxx, unless they fork the patching branch.

I started an online chat with Amazon Customer Service. I had copied the order number into my clipboard before starting the chat. All I had to do was paste in the order number and a brief explanation about how the version being sold was not being supported by the publisher, would not update to the latest version, and could possibly be pirated/stolen, and they cancelled the transaction and processed the refund right there in chat.

They did originally give me the stock paragraph about digital software transactions being non-refundable, but immediately followed it with “because of the circumstances we will process a one-time exception/refund”.

Good enough for me. I mean, losing $1 would not have killed me, but I am sad that I now have to go back to waiting for a bundle/steep discount to buy Lords of Xulima again. =(

Yup, that worked, thank you.

Really sorry about that guys. I didn’t even know it was possible to sell a pirated game digitally distributed by Amazon themselves!

No worries man, I didn’t know that until today either. Hopefully Amazon gets better at this.

What Brian said…no worries, no blame. Like you guys, I had no idea the system would even allow that. I just assumed all digital software sold through Amazon was vetted by Amazon and would either be a Steam key direct from the publisher or DRM free content hosted by Amazon then linked back to the publisher.

On the bright side, we learned a buyer beware lesson today and only risked $1 to do so, and Amazon was pretty cool about reversing it right away, so no harm done (except to our digital innocence).

Yeah, it’s a hell of a thing, you need to find a game that Amazon doesn’t sell digitally then put it up and hopefully profit. You could start selling Final Fantasy XV for $20. If they don’t take it down before the month is up, you get paid.