Bargain Thread 2018

I’m glad I researched the current version on Steam. Otherwise, I would have been none the wiser. Refunded and uninstalled. Thieves suck.

The GOG version is 2.1.1, so it’s not impossible at all to patch a DRM-free version.

Total War : Warhammer is $13.79 (77%) today as the Fanatical Star Deal. That’s a historic low outside of the Humble Monthly Bundle from a few months back.

The deal kicks off Fanatical’s SEGA Publisher’s Sale for the week. Lots of their popular franchises and DLC on sale for up to 90% off.

Fanatical also has a Cryptic 8 Bundle with 7 Steam keys for HOGs for only $1.99. Most of the games are new to bundles.

Over at IndieGala they have a very nice Turn-Based Definitive Bundle with some good new-to-bundle games (Steam keys) for only $4.49 (first 24 hours, then price increases).

• Warhammer 40K : Regicide
  • Chaos Reborn
  • Necromancer Returns
  • Post Human W.A.R.
  • Political Machine 2016
  • Third Front : WWII
  • Braveland : Pirate
  • Penny Arcade’s Rain Slick Precipice of Darkness 3 & 4

Steam has 522 Weeklong Deals including:

Worth noting that this isn’t actually new for Amazon, but it (hopefully) isn’t as common for PC stuff as it is for Android apps.

It is a huge, huge problem for Amazon for their eBooks written by independent authors. Pirates duplicate a book, post it for sale on Amazon. Sometimes the authors don’t know this for months. Sometimes Amazon has trouble figuring out who the real author is, so take both versions down. It’s so common that one company offers – for a fee, of course – to regularly google for your titles and then send of ‘take down’ notices when they find pirated copies of your books.

I just mentioned this in the Xbox One X thread, but I figure maybe all the bargain hunters are in here instead.

New Xbox One X consoles are available for $399 + free delivery from Target if you purchase them through the Google Express app and use the code EXTRA25 for 25% off regular price.

Mine just arrived.

So, out of curiosity, what exclusives does the Xbox One have that won’t make it to Windows 10 PCs at one point or another? My technolust is mitigated by the knowledge that almost everything that ends up on consoles (especially the Xbox One) has made it or will make it to Win10. The PS4 call is louder for that reason (even though a lot of its exclusives leave me cold, although some, like HZD, look amazing).

Question not just for @kerzain but for anyone reading, BTW.

I know it’s a question for everyone, but for the record, I have no idea because my gaming PC is 8 years old and it would cost me more to upgrade it than my Xbox, so I never paid attention to those particular exclusive overlaps.

Ah, of course it makes all the sense in the world in a case like that.
And of course there are things like the backward compatibility with 360 games, and even with some OG Xbox games to consider, and if I’m not mistaken the Xbox One X has an HD Blu Ray player, right?

Going forward? Supposedly nothing (provided you’re willing to use the Microsoft Store). In the rear view mirror…I think there’s a Halo or two, Sunset Overdrive, a couple other things. I can’t think of a single one I’d personally care about.

Going forward, all first party MS stuff will end up releasing on Win10 as well, so Gears, Halo, Forza, the like. And there really aren’t any 3rd party exclusives these days. Though there was Sunset Overdrive and in my opinion totally worth buying an Xbox for.

I do remember seeing some games at the E3 conference that said Console (or launch?) exclusive and only had an XB logo and no Windows 10 logo. I commented on that to my friend while watching it live, but hell if I remember which ones.

That’s because “Amazon” is less like a superstore and more like a flea market with good branding unless you pay attention to the seller details.

https://www.indiegala.com/crackerjack

Tekken 7 (PC) for $16.99 for at least few more hours.

Really would recommend this one if you like the fighting game part of fighting games. PC version is really good and still has a decent userbase.

If you’ve always wondered: “Is Grand Ages Medieval REALLY that bad?” now’s your chance to find out!

$1.99 gets you a slew of strategy gaming, some of it might even be good!

https://www.fanatical.com/en/bundle/fanatical-strategy-bundle

Almost picked it up during the recent steam sale. But this is an even better deal! Thanks.

Crowntakers and its expansion are well worth the $1.99 price of that Fanatical Strategy Bundle, the fact that you get Space Hulk Ascension, Grand Ages Medieval and the others is super delicious double fudge icing on the chocolate cake.

That’s great to know! Once I get done with work, was going to look over the bundle and ask for any other recommendations.

I can say from having played some Grand Ages Medieval…it sure is pretty. And an outstanding achievement in 3d map-making. (It’s the engine that was also used for Railway Empire, a far superior game, apparently.) My very limited experience with GAM is just that it’s a very dull game, despite having so many ways where it shouldn’t be dull.

I would say the same for Command & Colors The Great War. Too bad it didn’t sell well enough for more games to be produced using that system.

So its less than $3 now…

https://www.fanatical.com/en/game/aliens-colonial-marines-collection