Bargain Thread 2018

Hat In Time 40% off on Steam. Just in time to get the DLC for free (according to this: https://www.quartertothree.com/fp/2018/08/21/mark-your-calendar-for-a-hat-in-times-one-day-only-free-dlc/)

Thanks for the reminder!

Interesting deal. A year of Game Pass and copies of FH3 and Forza 7 for $99. Tempting if I already hadn’t played both games.

Wow, I would definitely jump on that if I didn’t already own FH3. Hmmm, might still be worth it for 12 months of Game Pass and Forza 7.

I assume that Game Pass is only an Xbox thing and not something that works for Windows Store games, right?

Game Pass will let you download Windows Store games if they are “Xbox anywhere” titles. That includes the first party Microsoft titles like Sea of Thieves and the recent Forza games.

Thanks-- I don’t have an Xbox One but I’ll check the list of available titles (though I think that I’ll probably have a lot of them already).

I thought of ‘renting’ FH4 by paying one month of Game Pass and playing it in that month…

Just got my daily IndieGala email about the Friday bundle, and I think I may buy it just so I can check out this gem:

helpinghand

Free DRM free games for people without humble monthly:
https://www.humblebundle.com/monthly/trove

Alan Wake American Nightmare
Limbo
Uurnog (Nifflas)
Fortune 499
Tiny Echo
Cat Girl without Salad (Wayforward)
Drawkanoid
Thor.N
Crescent Bay

They aren’t added to your account. Have to download before 16th.

For those that bought the great puzzle game Glass Masquerade last sale, they released a DLC today: Inceptions Puzzle Pack. Currently 25% off ($1.71 CDN). Bought.

https://store.steampowered.com/app/938030/Glass_Masquerade__Inceptions_Puzzle_Pack/

Awesome, thanks for the tip!

Thanks for the heads-up, Equisilus.

Fanatical is having a Bundle Blast Promotion all week this week. They’re launching 30 bundles across the entire week. Some are simply re-issues of bundles from the past, like the Shadow of Mordor Bundle that includes all the DLC for only $3.99. Others will be brand new, including both 6 game ($4.99) and 3 game ($2.99) Mystery Bundles.

Meanwhile, over on Steam, there are over 700 Weeklong Deals including:

2i4r59

Does Fanatical truly randomize what’s in the mystery bundles? That almost sounds like it could run afoul of loot-box style gambling legislation.

It’s not gambling if you can’t win!

That Infinity bundle is pretty sweet.
On the steam front, I’ll keep resisting warbanners’ call.

Supposedly it’s semi-randomized, with a set pool of titles to pull from and some assurance that you will receive at least one “AAA” title. Buyer beware though, Fanatical’s definition of “AAA” is very loose. I posted this deal to another forum and a user there purchased the $5 bundle and received:

• LEGO Ninjago Movie Game (apparently the “AAA” title of the bunch)
  • Party Hard Tycoon
  • Farabel
  • Wrack
  • Alien Spidy
  • and PewDiePie’s Legend of the Brofist

Now granted, LEGO Ninjago has a historic low of $9.99, so that’s essentially 50% off the historic low for that game, and Farabel is a pretty interesting TBS mobile port which usually sells for $9.99, so there is value in the bundle. Like any Mystery deal, it’s a crapshoot, and the more games you already own, the more likely you are to feel let down.

Since you definitely receive titles worth far more (retail) than the $5 you pay, even if they’re titles you don’t particularly want, I think it steers clear of the lootbox laws.

Yeah if you’re buying something without knowing exactly what you’re getting for your money, then it’s gambling (apparently).

Ancient Frontier is half off on Steam. Looks like AoW3 in space. Is it worth a buy?

Am curious if you can save and exit whenever and there have been some complaints about stability.