Bargain Thread 2018

I bet music licensing.

Thankfully I have them all as well. Whew. 2 is still my favorite, but I’ve yet to play 4.

It was de-listed on December 31st of either 2016 or 2017 along with a couple of other Codemasters driving/racing games. Prevailing sentiment is that this was due to expiring licenses with some vehicle manufacturers.

Didn’t realize Dirt 3 had been de-listed too. I have 1 and 3 on Steam, and 2 saved on a HDD somewhere because I bought it from Direct2Drive back in the day.

Dirt Rally is the only one I still care about though, and spent more time on it than 1-3 combined. Never cared about X-Games or racing pickups around a track; that stuff just got in the way of rallying.

GMG sale yet again, this time 23% off just about everything.

https://www.greenmangaming.com/

Use code PAYDAY23 at checkout.

Cross-posting from the ESO thread:

The fanatical deal is for the base game and Morrowind only, as far as I can tell. It isn’t the collection Zenimax is selling for $40.

I came here to post that Fanatical ESO : Morrowind deal. But I am confused…

I own ESO on Steam (from an older Humble Monthly), so does that mean I already own Morrowind? It seems like the base Steam edition supposedly contains it? Is the Fanatical deal simply the same Steam base edition of ESO with Morrowind and they’re just calling it “Morrowind”? It’s very confusing.

Also, if someone buys ESO : Sommerset, does that then include the base game and Morrowind content as well? Like, basically buying in at the newest level nets you everything that came before?

No, you probably don’t own Morrowind. Summerset does not include Morrowind, but it does include the base game.

If you want both Morrowind and Summerset, you need that $40 pack I linked in the ESO thread. It also includes 4 of the 5 major DLCs, two of which I consider really essential.

Excellent, thanks for the summary. I’m not itching to re-enter Tamriel just yet, so I am going to wait and see if that Collection goes on sale for maybe $30 or less sometime down the road. I have plenty of other things to play in the meantime.

In other bargain news : Steam has a WB Publishers Sale happening.

• Shadow of War for $16.99 (66%)
  • Mortal Kombat X for $8.99 (70%)
  • Lots of Batman stuff at the usual 75% off
  • Lots of LEGO stuff at the usual 75% off

Steam also has a Total War Sale happening this weekend.

• 75% off most titles
  • 10% off Thrones of Britannia
  • 66% off Rome 2
  • 50%-66% off most of the DLC for TW games as well
  • Oddly though, none of the Warhammer titles are included in the sale

eBay 15% off is on until late tonight. PICKSOON at checkout to save 15% on almost anything. Max $100 off.

Field of Glory 2 is on sale, 34% off, at GOG, but the unusual and interesting part is that all DLCs are part of the sale, even the just released Rise of Persia (albeit at a lower discount):

The DLC have been on sale on Steam at 34% off this week.

Looks like GOG is 50% off and not 34%…too bad I’m already locked into steam :(

Fanatical Star Deal today is Resident Evil 4 & 5 Gold Pack for $10.99 (78%). Contains the Resident Evil 4 Ultimate HD Edition and the Resident Evil 5 Gold Edition.

The deal is part of their CapCom Publisher’s Sale which includes most of the Resident Evil franchise, Devil May Cry games, Dead Rising Franchise and more.

Hit the Humble Store and check out their Female Protagonist Sale for deals up to 90% off on games featuring female lead characters.

If you enjoy HOGs and/or time/task management games, check out IndieGala’s Jet Dogs Studios Bundle. $1.99 for 18 Steam keys. All seven 12 Labors of Hercules titles are included.

GOG is kicking off it’s 10th Anniversary Celebration. Pretty much everything is on sale. Vote for the game they will give away FREE on Wednesday, and take advantage of 3 different 10th Anniversary Bundles:

• Modern Classics contains Kingdom Come : Deliverance, Battle Chasers : Nightwar and Shadow Tactics : Blades of the Shogun all for only $25.00.
  • Art of Aging Gracefully contains Dragon Age : Origins, Owlboy and Homeworld Remastered Collection all for $10.00.
  • Timeless Essentials contains Theme Hospital, Dungeon Keeper 2, Another World 25th Anniversary Edition and System Shock 2 for $5.00.

Steam reports over 1700 Weeklong Deals this week. I’m pretty sure that number is miscalculated. Highlights include:

thank you! those are some GREAT gog deals!

I’m in the same position (although my wishlist is fairly small, 5 titles), but I have noticed that may be because GOG tend to focus its sales on newer titles versus their namesake’s old ones.

Seven?! Finishing one was enough for me.

Kingdom Come : Deliverance is the Fanatical Star Deal today for $35.99 (40%), which would have been a historic low if it wasn’t already on sale over at GOG as part of the Modern Classics Bundle listed in my post above for a mere $25. Of course, that’s the GOG version, and this is the Steam version, so if that matters to you, then perhaps this is your deal?

For those who already own Kingdom Come : Deliverance on Steam, the DLC, From the Ashes is $7.99 (20%) on sale as well. Treasures of the Past is also available for $3.74 (25%).

Also at Fanatical, a close to historic low for the recently released Pathfinder : Kingmaker at $31.79 (20%).

GreenManGaming has No Man’s Sky for $24.00 (60%). They also have Dungeons III for $13.20 (67%), but you can get it plus Overwatch plus more in this month’s Humble Monthly Bundle for $12 through the end of the week.

MidWeek Madness on Steam features:

Those seem like some quick chunky discounts on Kingdom Come. Did it not sell well?

40% off a game that’s still $60 baseline 8 months later doesn’t seem especially out of the usual line of discounting. I’ve seen some big hits go for 50-60% off by this point (although it’s certainly rarer these days) or be the headliner on a Humble Monthly, for that matter.