Bargain Thread 2018

$1 buys you Steam keys for Simulacra, Wuppo and Subsurface Circular

BTA (currently around $5) and receive Nuclear Throne, Momodora : Reverie Under the Moonlight, LISA and SOMA

Pay $15 ($13 for Monthly subscribers after wallet credit) and unlock Opus Magnum

That BTA Tier is a steal for SOMA and Nuclear Throne. (I don’t know anything about LISA and Momodora)

SOMA is free on Twitch Prime this month, FYI.

Momodora has been a big personal disappointment: insta-death’o’rama in learn-it-by-heart lands.
I have yet to play LISA, totally forgot that backlog entry :O

Same here. I was kind of shocked nothing on my list was on sale.

Not that I need any more games, mind you.

Isn’t Betrayal at Krondor free? Wasn’t that given away some years ago before GoG existed?

Answered my own question… from Wikipedia… holy hell I’m old…

• 1997: free download on Sierra’s website to promote the game Betrayal in Antara , though this version is no longer available.

Fair enough, just most of the games on my Steam wishlist that are that old have only had 25% off over that period of time. Purely anecdotal, I don’t track every game, and don’t have a huge interest in most of the bigger name games.

The PSN sale for this week has Unravel 2 for 50% off to PSN+ members. It’s only been out for a few months and the first one was really chaming.

Other stuff I don’t care so much about:

• Destiny 2 DLC - 50% off
  • Battlefield 1 & Titanfall 2 are on their last gasp and being milked for all they’ve got left - 80% off

And in “stuff I just found out on the store”…

Neat. 20% off on “preorder”. Kinda odd they didn’t put in the remake, the Dracula X Chronicles in there, though. It was pretty good.

I didn’t miss the announcement back then. I’m pretty sure I have Betrayal at Krondor sitting on an older hard drive in one of my old computer husks that will get thrown out one day.

SOMA is already in the Humble Trove for monthly members, too.

Anyone else get charged a foreign transaction fee when purchasing from fanatical?

Not so far, no. Hmm, maybe I should check my CC statement more closely to make sure. Are you in the US?

Yeah, but I used PayPal instead of the usual process.

Orwell:Keeping An Eye On You is free on Steam at the moment. Is it worth the time?

You might get stuck pretty quickly like I did!
It seemed to be a very antiquated “flag raising” adventure game, and I lost patience after half an hour of clicking around, trying to find the trigger that would let me advance.
No hurt in trying it out and see if it is your thing, in my opinion.

I enjoyed it - a good 3-4 hour game

Weird. I’ve used Paypal for all my Fanatical purchases in the past, even as recently as last week, and have never been charged anything other than the bundle or game list price.

I called the credit card company, and they insisted it was correct. It was 20 cents, but I was annoyed.

Fanatical is a UK company.

Shadow Warrior 2 is free on GOG for a limited time.

I reached out to them and got a response. It maybe that because their PayPal processor is in the Netherlands, it might have triggered the fee. I wonder if making the purchase directly will avoid it.

Is your Paypal tied to a bank account or a credit card? Mine has my Discover as it’s primary funding source, and I don’t get charged any fees. My last transaction with Fanatical was Sept. 21 for $6.99 (bought the Slayer Bundle), paid with Paypal, no added fees and I’m in the US. Makes me wonder if they charge the fee if the money comes from a bank account versus an international credit card company.

Thanks for the heads-up!