Bargain Thread 2018

Grrr, I don’t have time to play the games I do buy, now everyone is starting to give them away for free!

Gamecount++!

Keep in mind, not all credit cards charge a fee.

Yeah, many of the better credit cards don’t charge foreign transaction fees.

Paradox Weekend Sale on the Humble Store. Up to 75% off all the usual suspects, including Battletech for $25.20 with the Humble Monthly discount.

Daedalic Titles are also on sale in the Humble store for up to 90% off. The Blackguards Franchise Bundle is a great deal at $2.99.

Square Enix Titles are up to 85% off too. Life Is Strange : Complete for $4.99 is a good deal.

Fanatical has Neverwinter Nights Enhanced Edition for $13.39 (33%) as the Star Deal today. Enhanced Edition is the original NWN Diamond Edition with much improved graphics and scaling, and includes the expansions Shadows of Undrentide, Hordes of the Underdark and the Kingmaker, ShadowGuard and Witch’s Wake premium modules. They also updated the toolset and DM client for use with NWN:EE.

Yea! Glad it won

How is Neverwinter Nights?

The engine is atrocious and ugly even in the Enhanced version, and the ruleset was never designed for solo adventuring, which is how most NWN is played (sometimes you have 1-2 AI-controlled henchmen but this isn’t a good substitute). That said, if you can overlook these (major) flaws, it has two good full length campaigns (Shadows of Undrentide and Hordes of the Underdark - skip the campaign it shipped with at launch), several quality premium modules (paid mods done right), and literally hundreds of good fan modules, all of which should in theory be compatible with the Enhanced Edition.

Edit: A couple module recs: The Shadowlords/Dreamcatcher/Demon series; Penultima and Penultima Reloaded; Maugeter.

XCOM2: War of the chosen (Digital version) is $16.99 using the coupon code: EMCEPPU46 on the newegg website:

https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16832205394&cm_re=XCOM_2%3A_War_of_the_Chosen--32-205-394--Product

Pick it up just in time for the mini expansion coming out next week.

Thanks @Chappers , been waiting for it to drop sub $20.

And claim said mini-expansion before December for free, and it’s yours to keep.

I’d love to take advantage of that but NewEgg are strict on the U.S. only billing address. Sad face.

Where are you based, @Wo1verine?

NewEgg are giving out Steam codes, so provided the code isn’t geolocked I could pick it up for you and send you the code and you could buy me something on Steam?

PM me if you want.

They charge tax (at least in MN), so it’s only very slightly below $20. And they require signing up for their newsletter. I think I’ll pass.

Tax here in CT was 17 cents and there was a checkbox for the newsletter which I unchecked.

Having said which, two hours later they still haven’t given me the Steam code.

I also unchecked the newsletter box and was told the code was invalid if I wasn’t a newsletter subscriber.

My key arrived 30 minutes after ordering. The deal was posted on Reddit, so maybe they are swamped?

It came through about a half hour ago so it all worked out, it was just taking some time. Probably because it was popular, like you say.

Thanks a million Mr_Bismarck for getting me a key. Worked a charm.

Glad it worked!

Breathedge is already making me laugh a lot, so this worked out well.