Bargain Thread 2018

Yeah, it looked a bit wacky. Post a review when you’ve finished, I’ll be interested in what you think.

I got an email that Gorogoa is 45% off on Steam. I can’t remember why a game with this name is on my wishlist. I did a search on Qt3 and found these post:

You need this game. It is incredible.

While I can appreciate what it’s trying to do, it wasn’t for me, as past the initial screens, I was mostly fiddling randomly with the stuff on screen, hoping to progress. I didn’t enjoy it.

For those who don’t have XCOM2 at all in any flavour, you can pick up the base plus all DLC for $25 using the following link:

Thats a great deal if you don’t own any of it.

Ugh, the Windows Game Store though. If it’s anything like my experience with its DRM and Forza Horizon 3 with non Play Anywhere games, I’d look elsewhere.

Now, if it’s just a Steam key, no problem.

It’s a separate website, no MS affiliation. Their sister site is macgamestore.

Yeah this site just resells keys. :)

Thanks for the info. Somehow I had conflated them.

Umm , Build your own Tiny Build Bundle!

Also Fanatical has a THQ-Nordic sale going on:

https://www.fanatical.com/en/publishers/thq-nordic

Worth it for Guts and Glory. Amazing.

Hey all, I’m considering getting a PS4 or a PS4 Pro this holiday season, and there’s a Costco “members only price” bundle that includes a PS4 Pro, a Sony wireless headset, a physical copy of Spider-Man and an extra “DS4 controller with Fortnite Bonus Content” for $560 +10 shipping. Bargain? I suppose I could sell off the extra controller + Fortnite stuff since that’s of no interest to me.
I’m sure there will be lots of bundles available, of course.

That better be a great headset, because you can get the PS4 Pro at $399 retail and Spiderman is $60.

Possibly worth it if it’s the Gold headset, but there will be better deals in the next month or so.

Yeah I am thinking PS4 PRO his $299 this holiday season.

There is a $50 price drop on the ps4 pro happening in japan shortly. Not confirmed to be heading to usa i think, but it seems pretty damn likely.

Even without that…
ps4 pro: $400
Spiderman (full price) $60
DS4 gamepad ($60, but on sale right now on amazon for $41)
Sony gold headset ($100, but on sale right now on amazon for $73)

So at full price, we’re looking at 620.
Using easily available sale price, you’re looking at 574. You could also probably get spiderman for sale at least a little bit if you were willing to wait i imagine.

You will 99% get a better deal during the actual holiday season if you can wait, and that is assuming you actually need all of that stuff.

I would fully expect ps4 pro to drop in price just in time for holiday season too.

So in short, don’t buy a ps4 now unless you have a rare disease that will cause you to die unless you buy one in the next month.

I took a look at the bundle… first question is do you need a second controller? If not, you should wait.

If you do, then here’s the MSRP of all items in the bundle…

PS4 Pro = $399.99
Spider-Man = $59.99 (probably less on its own at Costco?)
Controller = $59.99
Wireless Gold Headset = $99.99

That’s approximately $620 of retail value and the Fortnite extras are like $20 worth of stuff I think. It’s an ok bundle at that rate.

Realistically as @Murbella notes, you can get those things on sale soon for less (or even right now). I suspect Spider-Man will be $40 or less at least on Black Friday. The Gold Headset often gets a sale at $59.99 somewhere before the holidays. Dual Shock 4’s go for as low as $39.99. The Pro may get a price drop, but it will surely have at least a Black Friday deal.

If it were me, I’d wait.

You can also use any old bluetooth headset or corded headset that you already have.

At least on Black Friday. The prior low has been $350, IIRC.