Bargain Thread 2018

Corded, yes, BT not so much. Tried it the other day and if it was ever in the PS4’s feature set, it’s not in there now.

Well, I’ll certainly keep my eyes open, but those super discounted console deals on BF are usually in-store only (and eff that noise) or, if online, instantly sold out, right?

And thanks everyone for the replies.

Not instantly, but pretty quickly and you can’t wait around all day. I picked up my PS4 last year for 199.99, but it wasn’t because I was some sort of bot or had magic fingers. The 199.99 PS4 wasn’t sold out especially fast. I think it was…everywhere too, like in stores i didn’t even know sold consoles. Sony planned that one pretty big time.

Pro should be lower than 350 this year or at least have nicer bundles.

I would be surprised if you didn’t get a better deal from general holiday sales, not even black friday.

Isn’t there a Red Dead Redemption 2 PS4 Pro bundle coming out for $400? That’s a pretty decent deal at launch, since RDR2 will be $60, essentially making the Pro $340.

Of course, that’s only the case if you are really interested in RDR2, obviously.

Looks like it’s sold out at Amazon though, but Best Buy, Gamestop and Walmart have it for pre-order.

There are a bunch of sales/price drops at Best Buy… I checked PS4 but Xbox One/Switch is similar if available there.

Dragon Quest XI - $49.99
Monster Hunter World - $29.99
Madden 19 - $39.99
Street Fighter 30th Anniversary - $29.99
Injustice 2 - $19.99
Dark Souls Remastered - $29.99
Resident Evil VII Biohazard Gold - $29.99
Dragon’s Crown Pro - $29.99
Devil May Cry HD Collection - $19.99
Ni No Kuni II - $39.99

I think for bluetooth on PS4 it has to be certified. That means the Sony stuff is about it. Corded is the way to go though. Just plug into the controller with the 1/8" jack on the front. You’re still wireless from the console.

This is cheaper on Target 19.99, assuming that’s the basic version, just FYI:

https://www.target.com/p/ni-no-kuni-ii-revenant-kingdom-playstation-4/-/A-52302755

Still a nice list.

Looks like we’ve already got price drops for Shadow of the Tomb Raider - you can get a physical copy from Amazon for $41.99 -

Or a digital copy this week on Xbox Marketplace for $44.99 if you’re a gold member.

Physical prices are dropping quickly for recently released games in this holiday season. Not sure if that means sales are slow or if they’re concerned about inventories on these specific games ahead of the big releases to come or what?

I do think there’s price pressure on physical games atm from digital storefront purchasing. People are giving up real money and resale to get the convenience of digital downloads. Those of us who like to pay less and re-sell sometime later are going to eventually get screwed.

99.9% of my PC games are digital. For some reason, I feel kind of compelled to buy physical for my PS4 unless it’s steeply discounted. It makes little sense because, I am primarily PC, so it’s not like I am opposed to digital.

PC games are just not available in stores for the most part, so it’s almost assured that people are that far down the digital pipeline on that platform.

Console games in general though have been and often remain cheaper if you purchase them on discs/carts than in a console’s digital store. The digital shop pricing is universally terrible much of the time. That said, I think a lot of younger players don’t care. I see it with my own kids and their friends. Everyone just pays full price to play it day one with a download.

I doubt I’ll ever adapt to that until I’m forced. My house is filled with physical carts and discs.

Steam’s digital pricing used to be that terrible too. It was only once they started the big sales that I was finally converted. I think it’s going to take that for consoles, too. But they actually have to cater to retailers to move the consoles, so they’re stuck. Whereas the companies selling PC games have no inherent stake in the hardware (mostly).

New Humble Discovery Bundle has only one tier, but it’s a good one!

War of the Overworld (plus Heart of Gold DLC), Kentucky Route Zero (with season pass), Osiris : New Dawn, RWBY : Grimm Eclipse, Phantom Brave and Tricky Towers…all for $10.

I am curious about RWBY…

It’s a paint-by-numbers button masher, imho. Not terrible, but repetitive.

Nevermind then.

That… is a fairly appealing bundle all said. Phantom Brave seems to pull from the Final Fantasy Tactics style for some combat, a big plus. If there’s a lot of that, it’s definitely intriguing.

Kentucky Route Zero is one ive always found appealing, just never took the jump.

Osiris has spaceships and alien morphology. That’s a long way towards my interest. Sadly the thread, from 2016 early access mind, indicated lack of content and general dullness. But no updates for two years, so maybe it’s good now?

Tricky Towers would be great… on like my Wii or something. Looks fun multiplayer, but not so much single player.

If I actually had time to play games, I might bite. As is, with only my Surface Pro for gaming, it’s a pass.

Phantom Brave is a PS2 port from the Disgaea folks. It was good for the time it released. It’s 14 years old.

PSN has that Psychonauts VR game on sale for $6 today. I’m very tempted. I don’t plan on owning PSVR any time soon. But I figure I’ll have to buy it one day in order to play that Psychonauts game, since I’m a big fan. So maybe I should buy the game now?