Bargain Thread 2019

AFAIK a 570 should only come with “2 out of 3, your choice”. 3/3 is 590 and up. At least if Canada gets the same deal as Europe.

Why? I played it once and don’t know what happens if you play it twice.

I didn’t play it twice, but my girlfriend played it after me, and I noticed, towards the beginning, an oddity or two compared to my playthrough. Never investigated any further, but I don’t remember the game itself in any way urging me to play it again…

Curious about this too. I enjoyed it enormously, but given the nature of the game it would have to be quite different for a second playthrough to be worthwhile.

It’s not different, it’s just that you reset the timeline, kind of, in the first playthrough. And that doesn’t really pay off until your second playthrough.

Oh,they added it after release:

Yet, it became even better after that, with the developer adding something called a “Game+ Mode,” which keeps players in the game even after it’s over, warranting multiple playthroughs. After a player finishes the game, Game+ Mode adds new locations, dialogue options and extensions to the original story

Hmm. Well, considering how much I liked it, and since it’s been awhile since I played it, maybe that’s motivation for a revisit.

iBuyPower TRA297D Gaming Desktop - Intel Core i7-9700K - GeForce RTX 2070 - $1,399.99

https://www.costco.com/iBuyPower-TRA297D-Gaming-Desktop---Intel-Core-i7-9700K---GeForce-RTX-2070.product.100473645.html

I know folks are kind of hesitant about iBuyPower but Costco being involved usually helps with stuff like that.

Yeah, it’s just two. My cousin got all 3, but it seems like that was a bug. These games are 80$ each here so it’s still a fantastic bargain if anyone could use the video card.

These are not keys. Have to log in to redeem them.

Oh wow, no optical drive. I wonder if that’s become common these days in desktops?

I think it’s been pretty common for at least higher-performance gaming rigs for a while now. Easy enough to add an optical drive if you ever need one.

Yeah - mine didn’t come with one and I didn’t really miss it until recently when I realized I never created a boot USB stick for emergencies.

You can usually add it with any of the customize before you add it shops, but yeah a number won’t come with it. External is more popular these days, if t at all.

I haven’t had an optical drive of any kind in years.

I still have a 3.5" floppy drive, though I’ve not used it in years. I use my optical drive pretty regularly, though.

Yeah, I don’t think I’ve used an optical drive on my computer more than four or five times in the last half-dozen years. Wouldn’t miss it at all if it was gone.

I still burn CDs of music mixes for my wife to listen to in her car.

That reminds me, I haven’t done that for her in almost a year, since I ran out of CD-Rs. I need to buy some more one of these days.

The PC I just built has no built-in optical drive. Had to get an external.

I do the same thing! The good news is CD-R’s are dirt cheap these days.

I built a new computer last August and could find a grand total of two (2) internal blu-ray combo drives available. There were a lot of external options, but I didn’t build a desktop to have external drives lying around, dang it!.