Bargain Thread 2019

AFAIK a 570 should only come with “2 out of 3, your choice”. 3/3 is 590 and up. At least if Canada gets the same deal as Europe.

0 Likes

Why? I played it once and don’t know what happens if you play it twice.

0 Likes

I didn’t play it twice, but my girlfriend played it after me, and I noticed, towards the beginning, an oddity or two compared to my playthrough. Never investigated any further, but I don’t remember the game itself in any way urging me to play it again…

0 Likes

Curious about this too. I enjoyed it enormously, but given the nature of the game it would have to be quite different for a second playthrough to be worthwhile.

0 Likes

It’s not different, it’s just that you reset the timeline, kind of, in the first playthrough. And that doesn’t really pay off until your second playthrough.

0 Likes

Oh,they added it after release:

Yet, it became even better after that, with the developer adding something called a “Game+ Mode,” which keeps players in the game even after it’s over, warranting multiple playthroughs. After a player finishes the game, Game+ Mode adds new locations, dialogue options and extensions to the original story

0 Likes

Hmm. Well, considering how much I liked it, and since it’s been awhile since I played it, maybe that’s motivation for a revisit.

0 Likes

iBuyPower TRA297D Gaming Desktop - Intel Core i7-9700K - GeForce RTX 2070 - $1,399.99

https://www.costco.com/iBuyPower-TRA297D-Gaming-Desktop---Intel-Core-i7-9700K---GeForce-RTX-2070.product.100473645.html

I know folks are kind of hesitant about iBuyPower but Costco being involved usually helps with stuff like that.

0 Likes

Yeah, it’s just two. My cousin got all 3, but it seems like that was a bug. These games are 80$ each here so it’s still a fantastic bargain if anyone could use the video card.

These are not keys. Have to log in to redeem them.

0 Likes

Oh wow, no optical drive. I wonder if that’s become common these days in desktops?

0 Likes

I think it’s been pretty common for at least higher-performance gaming rigs for a while now. Easy enough to add an optical drive if you ever need one.

0 Likes

Yeah - mine didn’t come with one and I didn’t really miss it until recently when I realized I never created a boot USB stick for emergencies.

0 Likes

You can usually add it with any of the customize before you add it shops, but yeah a number won’t come with it. External is more popular these days, if t at all.

0 Likes

I haven’t had an optical drive of any kind in years.

0 Likes

I still have a 3.5" floppy drive, though I’ve not used it in years. I use my optical drive pretty regularly, though.

0 Likes

Yeah, I don’t think I’ve used an optical drive on my computer more than four or five times in the last half-dozen years. Wouldn’t miss it at all if it was gone.

0 Likes

I still burn CDs of music mixes for my wife to listen to in her car.

That reminds me, I haven’t done that for her in almost a year, since I ran out of CD-Rs. I need to buy some more one of these days.

0 Likes

The PC I just built has no built-in optical drive. Had to get an external.

0 Likes

I do the same thing! The good news is CD-R’s are dirt cheap these days.

0 Likes

I built a new computer last August and could find a grand total of two (2) internal blu-ray combo drives available. There were a lot of external options, but I didn’t build a desktop to have external drives lying around, dang it!.

0 Likes