Bargain Thread 2019

If you have any interest in a semi-subversive open-world light survival game based on Henry David Thoreau (and you should), you should head here and get Walden for $3–along with some other probably mediocre junk.

But, but… six of them have cheevos!

Thanks for highlighting that. I can’t believe I haven’t heard of Walden (the game) before now.

Is this an FPS or TPS? How does it compare to Fortnite?

I remember you telling us about Walden before. Thanks for the heads up! Bought.

Bunch of boardgames on sale on Amazon today. A few notable inclusions: Dice Throne Season 1 (I love this game), Arkham Horror 3rd Edition, the Modiphius Star Trek roleplaying game.

It’s like Fortnite, but you go on fetch quests find Ralph Waldo Emerson’s copy of The Odyssey.

I see a lot of PC games for sale here (which is absolutely great, don’t get me wrong), but are there decent sites that have console (PS4 for me) games that are on sale - particularly through Playstation Store or other digital download?

I’d like to be able to price watch for some things, rather than have to constantly check the Playstation Store’s somewhat terrible front end.

psdeals.net looks decent (I haven’t used it yet, but I’m in the same boat that you are in terms of keeping an eye on discounted PS4 games.)

Some of my friends really like PS Plus and PS Now, FWIW.

The GameDeals subreddit has an option to filter for only Console titles: https://se.reddit.com/r/GameDeals/search?q=flair:console&sort=new&restrict_sr=on

I use a combination of there, the PS4 subreddit, and the CAG Twitter feed (better for Physical/in-store in my experience) to augment what’s posted here.

The regular deal sites post game sales all the time, digital and physical for console and PC. PSN is included.

The PSN blog search can generate an RSS feed. I use this URL to catch the articles that say “sale” on the US store: Search Results for “sale” – PlayStation.Blog

I also set a rule in my RSS reader to delete the PSN blog articles that don’t have “sale” in the title.

New Exile Bundle at Fanatical. $4.99 for 10 Steam games including:

• Project Highrise
  • Anima : Gate of Memories
  • Narcosis
  • SEUM : Speedrunners from Hell
  • Old Man’s Journey
  • The Spatials
  • The Low Road
  • GIBZ
  • Star Wars Jedi Knight : Jedi Academy
  • Star Wars Jedi Knight II : Jedi Outcast

The Fanatical Star Deal is Guilty Gear Xrd - Revelator + DLC Characters + REV 2 All-In-One for $13.49 (70%). I have no idea what that all means or if it’s a good deal.

Fantastic fighting game for a pretty sweet price. Yes, it’s a good deal alright.

Very tempting. Do we have a general thread for sparring partners? I’ve been unsuccessful evangelizing my friends to fighting games, especially since my favourites (Guilty Gear and King of Fighters) have brick walls for difficulty curves. I’ve had some success using Garou as the gateway drug, though.

Well, if you want to face someone who will most certainly be easier to beat than baby level AI, I’m available. ;)

I ended up nabbing that deal, so I’ve sent you a Steam request. If League of Legends is any indication (and it probably isn’t) connection to Brazil shouldn’t be too bad? It’s a big country though; I’m GMT-7.
I’m very tempted to hijack the Mortal Kombat 11 release hype to rally the FGC members around here, but there’s no coffee in my body to fuel any thread creation at this time.

Whoa, OK, I’ll have to reinstall the game and try to remember my way back there. What is your Steam name? Can you resend the invite? I may have ignored you by mistake…

Brazil is GMT-3; I’m sure we’ll figure out something eventually. Just be aware that my gaming time will be limited this weekend, but that should change soon enough.

I’m “Fumes” on Steam. My profile is private, so random friend requests probably look suspect on my part.
I haven’t played Xrd in at least two years, so you’re likely in a better position than I am.

Yeah, I ignored your invite. Can you please resend it?

And yeah, I played Xrd a GOOD while ago. Never multiplayer, because, you know, that whole part about me sucking at fighting games. ;)