Bargain Thread 2019

I don’t even recognize those games. Plus I have yet to install whatever is required to play my free Twitch games.

Doesn’t mean I won’t be claiming them though.

Little Nightmares : Complete Edition is the Star Deal today at Fanatical for $6.99 (77%).

Fanatical also has a puzzle/match 3/Mahjong games Runes Bundle for $2.49. Several Luxor games, 7 Wonders of the Ancient World, Glowfish and more.

Mordheim: City of the Darned is on sale at chrono.gg today for $6.99. On Steam the regular price is $19.99.

I see what you did there.

I think I got that in a Humble Monthly a good while ago. Is it an (A)RPG?

Turn based and, from what I’ve heard, kind of broken.

GMG has a pick-your-freebie giveaway.

Some are OOS already.

Another freebie. Dashbored, Steam.

Dog Duty (early access) has a free week on Steam.

Fanatical Star Deal today is Medieval : Kingdom Wars for $6.79 (66%). While that is a historical low for the game, it has been in a couple of bundles already and certainly will be again at some point.

The new Oracle Bundle features 7 indie games form $3.99.

• The Last Federation
  • Kick Ass Commandos
  • GIBZ
  • 4 Sided Fantasy
  • Out of Reach
  • Abducted
  • Moon Tycoon

Last Federation is from the AI War guys, and it and Abducted are both decent deals for $4.

The Weekly Sale at GOG features some nice deals on franchises like:

• Heroes of Might and Magic
  • Might and Magic RPGs
  • The Settlers
  • Kingdom Come : Deliverance
  • Warhammer 40K
  • Lands of Lore
  • Neverwinter Nights
  • D&D Gold/Silver/Black Box Games
  • and more

Steam has mini-game and puzzle filled adventure novel Otaku’s Adventure on sale for $4.54 (35%)
Side-scrolling action platformer Badland : GOTY is only $0.99 (90%) as well.
Steam also has over 1400 Weeklong Deals including:

Speaking of bargains, 2006 indie/retro CRPG Eschalon: Book 1 is now free on GoG or anywhere else.

https://www.gog.com/game/eschalon_book_i

Not sure how long it’s been that way.

I’m playing the game and there’s a lot of things I like about it. It has a fairly modern isometric look yet is totally turn based (nothing moves until you do). It runs smoothly in windowed mode, though it can be a bit tiny if you have a high res display. There are some interesting interactions (like, stealth is actually pretty powerful as a way to avoid monsters – downside, you can only stealth effectively in the dark, and the dark is really dark!).

On the other hand the curve feels a bit too steep. There’s not a lot of gold to go around and most mobs don’t drop any, so you’re really scraping around for gear/potions/etc. And you can easily find yourself outnumbered by creatures who will follow you all the way to the end of the zone… and then wait there for you.

Anyway, free game.

I absolutely loved the Eschalon series and would highly recommend it as well, especially to people with fond memories of old school isometric RPGs. Like @Gordon_Cameron said, it has a “feel” of an old school game, yet the design is more modern, making it easy to navigate and quickly sink into. The story was fairly well written, and you never lack for something to drive you forward. At FREE you can’t go wrong.

Book II and Book III often go on sale for as low as $2.49 each, so if you enjoy the first game, wait for the holiday sales and you can pick up the other two on the cheap!

This one is free (with ads) on Android.

I played the Android version (pretty fun) but it did seem to put the squeeze here and there for money. Not sure the details. Stuff seemed to be capped or walled off.

I added it to my library April 21, 2017, for free so it’s been a while. Never played it, though.

I bought it on release, hoping for a Knight of the Chalice experience, but it was actually too hardcore and 80s for me, with lots of obscurity (both on maps and figuratively) and a will to see me dead that tired me. Like a lot of modern RPGs, it didn’t grab me too, for whatever reason.

IndieGala has a bundle for $1 which includes Blueprint Tycoon, a lo-fi logistics/factory builder which I actually quite enjoyed. Not a ton of content, but for $1? It also includes the same developer’s GameCorp DX which I haven’t played, and another game I’ve never heard of.

I played through GameCorp. It’s okay, nothing special. The other game, ArcadeCraft, has reviews saying it’s basically pretty good for 2 hours then it’s time to quit.

Just saw that Transport Fever is on sale for 80% off at $7 on Steam.

I don’t see any threads on this game – or any mention anywhere on this forum of the game. Anyone play this? The recent reviews look really good for this.

Here you go