Bargain Thread 2019

Going to check it out for 2 months, though my poor Xbox One has been gathering dust!

And getting terrible reviews. But hey, maybe that’s cheap enough to give it a float if you’re willing to deal with the Microsoft Store.

Android - Age of Rivals for ~a dollar. Two in the states.

Tom’s review:

I got the Xbox pass deal for my pc mostly. But it took forever going back and forth thru the various MS, Xbox, and Windows Store popups over and over before I realized (by accident) that I couldn’t download due to my desktop not being assigned as a device to my Xbox login. Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

Wait, can you not take advantage of this Game Pass deal if you don’t have an Xbox One?

One might even suspect they time these promotions to the release of all their first party games to inflate the player numbers they will report later on…

You can.

You just need to make sure your PC is tied to your Microsoft account or listed as a device. Mine was by default.

Thanks for the tip on Age of Rivals. I double-dipped!

Underworld Ascendant $7.49 on Steam for a limited time.

If I already bought Forza Horizon 3 on the Windows store, would that have happened automatically, I wonder? Is the address still windowslive.com or xboxlive.com or something?

Yup, looks like it did. I see a PC listed and it has to be this one.

PSN is having another big sale. I’m not familiar enough with the PS4 stuff to recommend any, but these stood out. PS+ prices

Dirt Rally PSVR upgrade - 2.60
Guilty Gear Revelator - 4
Need for Speed Payback - 6
Thumper (PSVR) - 5
Witcher 3 complete - 15

Vita:
Muramasa Rebirth DLC - 3.
  Never been on sale before. I had it on my wishlist for years before I gave up.
Shiren the Wanderer Tower of Fortune… - 8
Zero Escape Nonary Games - 8
  I think this is both 999 & Virtue Last Reward. Part 3 was on PS+ a few months ago.

Yes, it’s the first 2 games of the trilogy. I bought this recently for maybe $12 a month ago, Vita version; well worth the money! Finished the first game with all endings within 2 weeks. Superb murder mystery visual novel with neat escape room games in between. First play is shorter than Danganronpa’s first play through, which really encouraged me to do the 2nd run etc. all the way to the True End run.

RIME is $3 @ Fanatical.

https://www.fanatical.com/en/game/rime

I love that game! Three dollars is a steal.

GameStop USA is having a 4 for 10$ sale on their used games @ 4.99 or less

In store only. This wouldn’t normally be a great deal, but they’ve recently dropped the prices on tons of last gen stuff for PS3, DS, etc. Thousands of games qualify.

I did a quick look & if I was still into collecting there were at least 50 I’d pick up.

If you are US Armed force veteran or active duty personal, you can get 1 year Xbox Gold Live or Gear of War 4 for free. (it also had 2 year of Xbox game pass for free too, but it has been sold out. I was not quick enough for game pass, I put it in my cart, did my verification, and puff, it is gone. Anyway, I snag the Xbox gold live and Gear of War 4, so that’s so awesome of Microsoft!)

Sold out. Pretty awesome program, though.

Sorry for the lack of updates in the thread, I was in Kansas City for a few days and only had my Surface with me, and zero down time to web surf.

Fanatical’s annual BundleFest is this week. New bundles each day, plus some older deals recycled.

Choose from over 20 titles and DLC in the LEGO Pick-A-Mix Bundle. Pick 3 titles, and it appears most of them become $4 when bundled. That’s 20% lower than the usual $4.99 each sale prices for LEGO titles.

The Colossus Bundle is $4.99 and includes 11 titles:

• Ash of Gods : Redemption
  • The Last Leviathan
  • Heliborne
  • Invisigun Heroes
  • The Town of Light
  • Moon Hunters
  • Epistory : Typing Chronicles
  • Warhammer : End Times - Vermintide
  • Chaos Reborn
  • S.T.A.L.K.E.R. - Clear Sky
  • Sniper : Ghost Warrior - Trilogy

Ash of Gods and Last Leviathan together are well worth the $5.

For gamblers, the Festival Mystery Bundle lets you select 1-10 blind Steam keys for $1.00 (1) to $6.99 (10) and hope for stuff you both want and don’t already own. As always with these deals, YRMVAIBR! (Your Results May Vary And Include Bad Rats!)

The Warhammer : Armageddon Bundle returns. $9.99 for the base game plus 6 DLC. That’s a great deal if you’re interested in the game.

The Battle Academy Complete Bundle at $4.99 and Panzer Corps Bundle at $14.99 also make a return. The Panzer Corps one has multiple tiers with the base game being only $1.00 and then adding more DLC each tier thereafter.

Fanatical’s Star Deal today is Batman Arkham Pack for $9.99. Includes Arkham Asylum GOTY, Arkham Knight plus Season Pass, and Arkham City GOTY.

Steam MidWeek Madness features:

Hmm, I signed up for a month of Game Pass on the Microsoft Store, which was advertised as “sign up for one month for two bucks, get the second month free.” However, when I did it today, it says nothing about a free month. It says “first month for $2, $9.99 for every month thereafter.”

Anyone else get this?

It was a limited time offer. If you go to your Xbox account you can look up the subscription renewal date. Mine shows 2 months out.