Bargain Thread 2019

You can play solo, too. But it is co-op centric in its design.

• Re;Birth 1 and Re;Birth 2 plus DLC and Amnesia : Memories all for $1
  • Re;Birth 3, Neptunia U : Action Unleashed and 4 Goddesses Online for $5.50 (BTA)
  • MegaDimension Neputunia VII : Digital Deluxe and VIIR Deluxe for $12

FOCUS Home Interactive Sale in the Humble Store.

Fanatical Star Deal is the Anomaly Complete Bundle for $1.00. All 5 Anomaly titles included.

That’s a lot of Nep-Neps.

Good bundle if you’re into grindy JRPGs with cute anime girls and a couple of Dynasty Warriors-style games with cute anime girls.

Hey @rhamorim I know you’ve played a few of these. What’s your take on the bundle (also in case you don’t have them all)

Less than it looks like, actually. It’s the three Re;Birth games with a little extra DLC (not all of it), Neptunia U, and two versions of VII (VIIR is just a revised version of VII, which a lot of people seem to think actively made the game worse, at least in Steam reviews). It does not include 4 Goddesses Online, just a little bit of mostly cosmetic DLC for that one.

It’s still probably a good deal for people who are curious about the franchise but haven’t gotten into it yet. I mean, it’s 2 Nep-Neps and a VN for $1, going up to 5 of them for $12, all of which are currently on Steam for a minimum of $25 a piece. It’s just not nearly as good a bundle as it first appears.

4 Goddesses Online was a recent Fanatical star deal for $5, so the game itself not being included here is more odd than anything else, but $12 for this bundle is a good savings over buying the games individually, even at their historic best sale prices.

I figured. I just saw all the stuff listed and figured there were more actual games than there are. It actually omits about half the franchise as listed on Steam. But it’s not like they have any responsibility to do a complete bundle or anything.

The two first Re;Birth Neptunia games for $1? That’s great. Even if you don’t like the games themselves (and Nep games are somewhat of an acquired taste), you don’t lose much.

The $6.99 tier is OK. Re;Birth 3 is arguably the best Re;Birth game in terms of gameplay. Neptunia U is so-so, and outclassed by the later MegaTagmension Blanc + Neptune VS Zombies, which is sadly not a part of the bundle. Both are somewhat similar to Musou games. 4 Goddesses Online is OK at best, but if you like jokes about MMOs and Sword Art Online, then it becomes a must have. ;)

$12 for Megadimension Neptunia VII (with the VR version as a plus) is good (though it’s possible the non-VR game has been cheaper elsewhere). It’s deemed by many as the best game in the Neptunia series, and likely the most expansive as well. Also, Uzume Tennouboshi is the best.

Sadly, one of my favorite games in the series (perhaps the favorite) is not in the bundle - Superdimension Neptune vs Sega Hard Girls. And I’d love to see the more serious (and awesome) Fairy Fencer F there, but as bundles go, I really like this one.

Of course, if you don’t like jokes about gaming tropes and franchises, if you have no patience for turn-based combat, or if you’re absolutely averse to fan service, stay away. Otherwise, Nep-nep is good fun. ;)

But either way, it’s not in the bundle.

Yeah, noticed later that it’s just DLC. Kind of weird.

Fanatical Star Deal today is Age of Decadence for only $2.99. That is a historic low and a fantastic deal.

Also on offer is the SNK Classics Bundle featuring up to 8 titles for $4.99. I’ve been told these aren’t the best quality ports however, so a more experienced opinion may be helpful prior to purchase.

Steam MidWeek Madness features the Sudden Strike Franchise. 75% off the base games and 50% off most DLC.

Wreckfest is also a part of MidWeek Madness at $22.49 (50%)

The huge Armello 2.0 update is now live, and to celebrate the game is $4.99 (75%) on Steam. 30% off the DLC as well. I very much enjoyed the time I spent playing Armello, and the 2.0 update looks like it adds a ton of quality-of-life/play enhancements that should make it even more enjoyable for first time players. $5 is a great price for this game.

The Steam Daily Deal seems to be a collection of various Indie and Retro games all on sale for 10%-90% off.

I’ve never been a huge fan of this game, but it is nice that they did this as an update to the existing game, not as a new game; so if you own Armello you have Armello 2.0. Maybe I’ll give it another shot.

Thanks for posting this. I was waiting for a deal on Age of Decadence. As a lot of other people, it seems. Only 45% left as I type this.
If anybody is still undecided, here’s a link to Tom’s review. (4/5)

Age of Decadence is a great game. The spin-off game Dungeon Rats was too hard though. I couldn’t finish it. I will try again later.

Not games related, sorry - but if you use a Mac and you have been eyeing for iStats Menu, a great menu bar app with tons of stats on your CPU, GPU, Network and what not… or if Fantastical 2 is too expensive for your taste, or you wanted a good PDF editor that’s not from Adobe (Readdle’s PDF Expert is what I meant), the this super duper bundle for just $25 is what you should buy, right now. And if you are using DOWNLOADIT code upon check out, you get another 15% off… it makes the bundle a measly $22 BUCKS!

Could you give some extra details? I’d be interested in it for PDF Expert (though iStats and Fantastical 2 sound very nice), but I wanted to know how it worked: does this give code to redeem on the MacApp store? Some Apps show they include minor updates (that’s PDF expert’s case), but some others don’t. I am guessing minor updates mean updates in the current version tree?
Also if those are codes for the MacApp store, would they work no matter one’s store location?
Sorry for all the questions, but I couldn’t find the info on the site.

You get codes from the Stack Social website which you enter into the Registration window in each app. These codes are tied to your email which you registered with Stack Social to purchase.

You have 30 days to redeem the codes. I’m guessing it become invalid after that. And you probably can’t pass the codes on to someone.

Edit - yeah each apps does have a “check updates” which check the dev websites and download updates. Basically these behave like Windows app. I wish they had MAS codes too.

This is a fantastic deal for Fantastical, which is almost never on sale, and I’ve never seen it below like forty bucks.

The rest of the apps are pretty unexciting. I had already paid for iStat Menus, so that’s worth something, and I already used a different alt-tab switcher, but this one is better supported/updated.

Thank you for the precisions!

Wow, you weren’t kidding. Half an hour of using it, and now I wonder how I could cope with Apple’s default calendar all this time :O