Bargain Thread 2019

Fantastical is the best calendar app on every platform. I paid for their iOS apps too.

I can’t believe I missed this. I need to check this thread every damn day!

PM me and I will give you a key. I got it as a mystery bundle key and I already own it.

PM sent, thanks!

Sorry my friend! I would say you should subscribe to my bargain newsletter…but this thread pretty much IS my bargain newsletter. Also, hooray for @malkav11 swooping in with the freebie key to save the day! This is why I <3 QT3.

Dishonored 2 for $11.49 (70%) is the Fanatical Star Deal today.

They’ve also launched a new Side Scroller Bundle for $3.49 that includes:

• Never Alone : Arctic Collection
  • Seraph
  • Slain : Back from Hell
  • River City Ransom : Underground
  • Earth Atlantis

Warhammer 40K : Dawn of War Franchise Sale over on Steam. 75% off pretty much everything in the franchise. Too bad I already own every single piece of it through various bundle deals over the years.

SEGA Publisher Sale in the Humble Store. Decent deal on Rise of the Republic campaign for Rome II at $8.49 (50%), even better deal on the Empire Divided campaign at $5.77 (66%).

AC: Odyssey Gold Edition is $33 for Xbox One digital edition.

Greenman gaming has a nice little puzzle pack:

$1.60 USD. Comes with:

Peregrin
Puzzle Chronicles
Aporia: Beyond the Valley (CryEngine indie game of year 2017)
Hamiltons Great Adventure (doesn't support Windows 10)
Energy Balance
Hexoscope

The humble neptunia bundle BTA added a 90% off coupon for that 4 goddess online thing. Brings it down to ~5$

The bundle is also ending in 2 days instead of two weeks like all the others.

I don’t really understand why they didn’t just include it in the bundle, but that’ll do I suppose.

Also that price on the MS store. Even though I have the disc edition, this is below the price of the season pass. Well played, Ubisoft, I double dipped.

Steam MidWeek Madness features a historic low on Divinity : Original Sin 2 - Definitive Edition. It’s finally under $30 for those who were waiting for that price point.

How does it compare to the original?

I think it got under $30 too in the past Steam sale. I know because I bought it then!

Somehow this missed my radar initially. In the last several months I have come across tons of effusive praise for the game and this is a deep discount.

They changed the combat pretty drastically. All the cool elemental effects and combinations from the first game now fail to fire unless you’ve done a ton of “armor” damage to the enemy first. Some people seem to like it, I think it makes every fight three times longer than it needs to be.

In most other respects it’s a step up, from the character backgrounds to the new classes and so on. Lots of neat stuff, but the armor system just kills it for me. YMMV.

It was a neat way to spend an evening a while back. Really interesting and varied presentation, lots of ideas and connections at work exploring the Finch family tree. Not exactly replayable, but worth the time.

PSN has a big sale. Only one game on my wishlist on sale though, but it’s a good one:

Half off. So $30 instead of $60. Tempting.

$27 @ GMG for the Steam version.

I thought it was better in every way over the original. I backed the original and thought it was a fine game, but I didn’t enjoy it enough to get real excited about the sequel. Glad I did eventually try out the sequel however because I loved it. The pacing was vastly improved, as were the characters. I found it to be way more compelling and I’ll be there day one for D:OS3.

It is less puzzly and more actiony than the original. Overall, I like it a lot more than the original.