Bargain Thread 2019

Does it drag like the original one did by the end? It was a real chore to finish that one, the fights were so drawn out, it’s kept me away from this one.

I’d agree that was a problem in the first one, and I honestly think this one drags even more (though there are clearly folks who disagree upthread). The fights in 2 are considerably longer thanks to the need to strip off an enemy’s armor with raw damage before you can even begin to do health bar damage or apply status/elemental effects. I trudged through the the end of the first game, but felt it was too long. I only made it to about the middle of Act 2 (of I-don’t-know-how-many) before I had that same sense of exhaustion with the new one.

The second game has a much better story and is an excellent game, I highly recommend. The biggest battles could take half an hour. You can spec your team to whittle those physical or magic shields down quickly. I never found it to be a real issue. If you like turn based strategy and/or party based RPGs then this is a definite buy.

Vinraith is very convincing. I enjoyed elements of the first but it really started to drag for me, and turn into a combat slog.

Today’s Fanatical Star Deal is Homeworld Remastered Collection for $5.25 (85%). It’s been slightly cheaper ($4.99 once I believe ) in the past, but $5.25 is a great deal for a very good remaster of these excellent games.

Also on Fanatical, the Survival Bundle is $3.99 and includes:

• Valnir Rok
  • Tharsis
  • Savage Lands
  • This Strange Realm of Mine
  • Distrust
  • March of the Living
  • Killing Room
  • 35MM
  • Deadlight
  • Band of Defenders

Worth it for Tharsis and Distrust alone, though some of the others are interesting as well.

In case you haven’t received it as part of a Humble Monthly or other bundle deal lately, Sniper : Ghost Warrior Trilogy is a Fanatical Flash Deal for 48 hours at only $0.99.
NOTE : “Trilogy” means SGW 1, SGW 2 and the Art of Victory expansion. SGW 3 is NOT included.

That’s odd. Were those star deals the same games in bundles a couple days ago for the same price?

Homeworld Remastered has been in a few bundles over the past couple of months, most recently in January I believe. So has Sniper : GW Trilogy, including the Humble Monthly not too long ago.

Darksiders 3 , is 49% off. $30.59

https://www.indiegala.com/crackerjack

The Council is 60% off. $12

Did anyone play all 5 episodes? Can you report in on the overall quality?

Slime Rancher is now available for free on the Epic Store.

Less than $4 for Tooth and Tail, Tangledeep, Among the Sleep and 3 more games? Steal.

https://www.fanatical.com/en/game/fairy-fencer-f

Fair Fencer F is on sale for one dollar. If you any interest in JRPGs at all, it’s worth it. Heck, even if you don’t. One dollar! It’s a good game.

Amazon has a bunch of Mario Switch titles on sale (digital) for $40. I checked the Nintendo store and they’re still the regular $60 there. Grabbed Mario/Luigi U which I’d almost grabbed last week for the full price. Yay for procrastination!!!

Either I missed it, or it’s harder to find than I expected?

Whoa! I’m not seeing them now. I got the info from Kotaku (they posted this morning) and got the Super Mario game just a few hours ago. But the digital version is now showing as not available. Strange

Edit: checked the deals site again and they update the the digital codes are gone now from Amazon, but Best Buy supposedly has them. It’s Mar10 day! How they hell can the Big N not do these deals on their own store?

Best Buy does still have them, thanks.

Fanatical Star Deal today is Yakuza Zero for $11.39 (43%), a historic low.

Fanatical is also having a Spring Sale where you can get an additional 10% off the sale price with code FANATICAL10.

Build Your Own Retro Bundle for $1.99 (5 titles) to $2.99 (15 titles). Some pretty old stuff in the mix, not sure how well it either runs or translates vs. today’s games.

Speaking of Build A Bundles, take advantage of the Humble Store THQ Nordic Build A Bundle and choose from dozens of titles and DLC for up to 85% off.

Ubisoft store is having a large Spring sale.

Far Cry New Dawn and Settlers History Collection are both $20 each.

https://store.ubi.com/us/spring-sale

Quick drop for New Dawn!

Yeah I am surprised at how quick, at least I finished it before it dropped. :D

Nice! Thanks for the link.

Wow, some of that game-themed clothing is seriously cringeworthy. Like, who buys this stuff and actually wears it?