Bargain Thread 2019

Wow, 50% off after less than a month. I’m only 2/3 of the way through FC5 and had intended to buy FC:ND for $15 in like 8 months, but that is tempting.

And South Park: The Fractured Butthole is down to twelve bucks!

I bit on FC:ND but am holding out on South Park for Steam.

That Settlers collection is tempting. It’ll probably be my first uplay purchase. Hm… maybe second. I bought some cards in Duel of Champions. Miss that game.

Android - Alter Dogma is free for a lil while. Looks like it could be a fun tactical RPG. There are reviews slamming it for not having auto combat :/

Get Just Cause 4 for only $23.37 for the next 24 hours on GreenManGaming. It’s the featured deal of the day at $28.50, then use code FD2019 to receive another 18% off the sale price.

Steam has Star Control : Origins as it’s Daily Deal today for $14.99 (50%).

New Humble Strategy Bundle is live:

• $1 for Niche, Ashes of the Singularity : Escalation and Throne of Lies is a STEAL.
  • BTA ($5.25) for Dungeons III, Offworld Trading Company and its Jupiter’s Forge DLC
  • $9 adds Stellaris and Plague Inc. : Evolved
  • $15 unlocks Civilization VI

That’s one hell of a nice bundle all around.

I think I own most of those already but wow, that is a heck of a bundle.

I don’t own ashes of the singularity. I’m going for it.

Just Cause 4 bombed so hard, I feel its gonna be in a monthly bundle before the end of the year.

Okami HD is the Fanatical Star Deal today at $8.99 (55%)

Also at Fanatical, a new Elite Mystery Bundle is live. This is another blind gamble bundle. 1 game for $4.99, 2 for $8.99 or 3 games for $11.99. They claim you’ll receive titles worth at least 3 times what you spend, but that’s also MSRP, so yeah.

Here’s some people talking about what they got if you were interested: https://www.reddit.com/r/GameDeals/comments/b0nv8y/fanatical_elite_mystery_bundle_1199_3_mystery/

I have no doubt this garbage strategy works since it’s gambling. Sad to say GOG originated this.

I thought Greenmangaming did

Maybe? I just know it from GOG’s pinatas and such. Wasn’t aware of GMG doing it earlier.

For what it’s worth, Fanatical’s versions have fairly strong with a lot of good games worth well above the minimal buy-in. If you don’t already own them, anyway.

Someone at that thread made a table of drops people have reported so far.

It’s a good preview of all the keys Fanatical have stocked up on. Expect low deals on all of these. Hitman 2 is the biggest sort-of surprise.

That’s an understatement. Civ 6 is $80 CDN. Getting it for just $20 is a pretty good deal plus getting everything else as well is just icing on the cake. I don’t own a single game on that list.

I read the 2nd game in that list as “Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2”, and was like “Huh, a 10 year old game - still selling for $20 - bold move”, then I noticed it wasn’t MW2, but the original Call of Duty 2. I remember it as being a pretty good game, but how on earth is that still going for 20 bucks? Does it even run on modern versions of Windows?

Call of Duty pricing is and ever will be insane.

Yeah I noticed the three Modern Warfare games are on sale this week on Xbox … for 15 dollars each. I wouldn’t mind replaying them, but I don’t need them that much.

Plus it’s not officially announced, but they’re coming out with Modern Warfare 2 Remastered sometime soon. I think it was accidentally revealed through ESRB or PEGI or some rating agency.

They become really cheap about 2 years after release, but only the disc version as retailers get rid of excess inventory. I’ve seen them for $5 a couple of years after release at Best Buy on Black Friday, for instance.

Hehe. I had it on my Steam wishlist for ages waiting for a decent price drop, until at some point I realized they had no intention of offering one. Apparently the highest discount was 51% two years ago.