Bargain Thread 2019

Yeah, it’s the console versions.

Ahh OK. So now it’s the same price on console and PC, good stuff.

Fanatical has a new Tales from Candlekeep Complete Bundle live today. $4.99 nets you Tales From Candlekeep : Tomb of Annihilation plus all 5 DLC. Even if you already own the base game, $5 for $17 worth of DLC is not a bad deal either.

Steam has the Monkey Island Collection as the Daily Deal for $11.52 (66%).

If I’ve not played much Civ in recent years, is VI worth bothering with (via the Humble Bundle) if I have Civ V chilling in my library?

I’m not a diehard of the genre, but when I’m in the mood I’ve always enjoyed the games. I’m perfectly happy to snatch it up if it’s a better experience or something.

It’s quite a bit different. I think I prefer VI over V.

In the grands scheme play is similar, but the map plays a greater role in VI and districts change up city management. I’d say of you haven’t played V in your library then you may as well do that because you might just buy VI and not play it :-)

The AI doesn’t handle 1 unit per tile very well so the military game generally isn’t very threatening.

Have you played Civ IV? I think that was the pinnacle.

This might help. I have owned every PC Civ version since 1. I did not bother buying the expansions for VI and if I need a Civ fix I would play V with the expansions or IV (BtS).

I have Civ IV as well, and at some point snagged expansions for it. As someone who just only rarely binges and doesn’t get really obsessed with it I was just wondering if any of the new stuff really matters.

Not that $15 is a fortune, but I am too busy to grow the backlog without a good reason anymore.

If you’ve never gone past Civ IV and are happy with it, stay and grab the fall from heaven mod https://forums.civfanatics.com/threads/mod-fall-from-heaven-ii.171398/

After going through Civ 5 and Civ 6, I find it hard to go back, mainly due to the graphics.

If you decide to go past Civ IV, I would skip 5 and just go to 6, and make sure to grab Gathering Storm. I’m enjoying 6 alot more with it, particularly the new civs.

Does it hurt? When you Fall from Heaven? Ha ha, I kill me.

No, you just Fall Further!

I’ve enjoyed each of the new Civs largely because it gives me a slightly different twist on the same experience. If that’s what you’re after, play V and pick up VI afterward, they’re similar but different enough that you’ll notice.

Well I think that’s probably good enough to sell me for $15.

Thanks everyone!

Fanatical Star Deal today is Hitman : GOTY for $10.99 (80%).

$1 for Steam keys to:

• Serial Cleaner
  • Stealth Inc. 2 : A Game of Clones
  • The Little Acre

BTA (started at $6) to also receive:

• Human Fall Flat
  • Smoke and Sacrifice
  • Stikbold! A Dodgeball Adventure

Pay $15 and unlock:

• Bomber Crew
  • For the King

Siralim 3 is down to $2.99 on sale on the Android Play store.

blah blah blah blah randomly generated dungeons blah blah blah

No thanks.

It’s not really a dungeon exploration game. It’s a monster collecting game, and a pretty good one. The dungeons themselves are basically just window dressing for the monster team battles.

Yup. Siralim 3 is pretty good.

It’s also 2.99 on the Apple store. Tempting.

EEEE DISTANT WORLDS UNIVERSE FOR $5 Y’ALL (and some other games too I guess):

https://www.fanatical.com/en/bundle/vengeance-bundle

Got it! Time to find out what it’s about.