Bargain Thread 2019

Read the manual first! Don’t just dive in, that way leads to madness.

No No No! Start a game with full automation…then step far back and poke it with a stick to see what it does!

Exactly this! :D

Well, what worked for me was to automate everything EXCEPT one ship, and fly around that ship, watching what the AI does.

Which I only did AFTER reading the manual, by the by. It’s a great manual.

I’ve had DW for a few years and bounced off of it every time I’ve tried to dig in. I know it’s lauded as greatness so I’m gonna try the full automation thing and then work backwards from there like y’all suggested.

So as Mr. Spaceman pointed out, Fanatical has a very nice Vengeance Bundle live today for $4.99 that includes a couple of new-to-bundle games.

In addition to DW:U, Team 17’s Sword Legacy Omen is a neat little tactical RPG with a cool art style, and Heroes of the Monkey Tavern is a fantastic dungeon crawler in the classic grid-based Dungeon Master style. Heavy Burger is also a blast to play, and you get a 15% off anything (Star Deals excluded) coupon when you order the bundle. DEAL.

GreenManGaming has Overcooked! 2 as the Deal of the Day for only $14.09 when you use code FD2019 to save an additional 25%.

I wonder if it will end up feeling like MOO3 if I do this though? The reason I stopped playing that was it felt like I had very little input, with everything automated.

You can have as little or as much input as you want.

Fonts are so small in DW: U!
F253DC65-378C-4045-B1D5-339CF1AC3693

Deep sales for Distant Worlds… Could it mean DW2 is close??

Too bad Distant Worlds does not have some sort of good font / UI scaling. It burns my eyes.

Distant Worlds is like the Kraftwerk of space games. I personally can’t stand it.

I bought it Brian. Just for your efforts.

I love the game but yes the fonts suck. It’s hard on the eyes even sometimes. :/

I can’t read the words on your gif, what does it say? ;-)

I was going to buy it when I got home, but now I’ve heard about the poor font. That’s one thing I can’t stand. Thanks for warning me away fellas!

Bought, a few games in there look pretty good.

Sword Legacy Omen
Through the Woods
Distant Worlds Universe
White Night

So Mr. Spaceman is now Brian’s unofficial handle? I approve.

That’s Doctor Spaceman to you.

drspaceman