Bargain Thread 2019

What, no Empire at War in that bundle. Epic bundle fail.

That is one bizarre bundle.

Hey all, I must be blind or something because I can’t spot the place in my Humble Account settings where I set the portion to go to charity. I thought that was a thing.

Ah, never mind, it’s under “manage my rewards” when you go to buy something.

Not a lot of new stuff to report today, but if you recently took advantage of the Steam offer for Age of Wonders 3 for free (or if you wanted to but missed out), then check out the GreenManGaming Summer Sale and nab Age of Wonders III Collection for only $10.00.

That’s a ridiculous deal on the whole package, and even if you already own the base game, that’s still 75% off the combined price for the Deluxe Edition features and the Eternal Lords and Golden Realms expansions. And as if that wasn’t a good enough deal already, it’s a Silver level game in the sale, which means you also get:

• The Intel Starter Pack (your choice of 4 out of 10 games and in-game content including Star Trek Bridge Crew, Gas Guzzlers Extreme, Star Trek Online content and Star Wars Pinball content)
  • A FREE game (redemption code) from a list that includes titles like Quarantine, Castlevania Ultimate Edition, Evil Genius, Edge of Twilight and more.
  • 10% off code for any additional purchase in the sale

I purchased for the expansions and Deluxe content, which I did not own. I then chose FIVE : Champions of Canaan for my freebie mostly because I like ARPGs and I already own almost everything else I found interesting in the list. I then used my 10% code to go back and purchase Fallout 4 GOTY for $12.82 (after discount). That entitled me to a FREE Gold level game, for which I chose Dead Age.

Not a bad haul for $22.82, and I haven’t even selected the free Intel Starter Pack titles yet.

BARGAIN MATH ALERT!
I also notice that Guild of Dungeoneering : Ice Cream Headaches DLC is $2.00 and a Silver level offering. That means if you’re eyeballing a Gold level game that costs more than $20, you can actually make your money back AND score extra freebies by purchasing it, then using the 10% code to purchase your desired Gold game. For example:

Monster Hunter World : Deluxe Edition is $35. Buy the $2.00 Guild of Dungeoneering DLC, then use the 10% code for MHW:Deluxe, and save $3.50. You’ve scored a FREE Silver game and a FREE Gold game, plus two Intel Starter Packs, and paid less than you would have paid just buying MHW:Deluxe up front.

Moonlighter and This War of Mine are both currently free on the Epic Games Store.

Next week’s free titles are Alan Wake and For Honor.

Fanatical Star Deal today is Endless Legend : Emperor Edition for $4.99, a historic low. If you haven’t tried Endless Legend yet, you should dive in at $5. It’s excellent, one of my favorite games from 2016 (I know, technically it was released in late 2015, but I played it in 2016, so there!). Emperor Edition comes with an extra minor faction, extra hero and extra trait, and if you own Dungeon of the Endless it will add a ship and a hero to that game as well.

GreenManGaming is making it even more ridiculously attractive to buy something in their Summer Sale by giving you a 10% off coupon up front this weekend. Use code WKND10 to get 10% off most games in the sale (a few restrictions apply), then enjoy the freebies and additional codes you get for purchasing. I do not believe the extra code stacks with the Gold/Silver/Bronze sale codes though.

Humble Store is having a Hero’s Journey Action Adventure Game Sale this weekend. An eclectic mix of adventure, RPG and misc. titles.

• Far Cry Primal Digital Apex Edition - $10.99 (80%)
  • The Witcher 3 : GOTY Edition - $14.99
  • Thronebreaker : The Witcher Tales - $14.99 (50%)
  • Lots of Assassin’s Creed titles at 50%-66% off
  • and many others

Steam Deal of the Day is Ashes of the Singularity : Escalation for $4.79 (85%).

If you are a member of GMG it is a 15% off coupon and it does stack.

That is not what I’m seeing. Logged in to my account, I can use either the WKND10 code for 10% off OR the 15% off code I received for buying a Gold level game in the sale. If I add both codes to my cart, it only applies the higher discount (15%).

It is one or the other but the 15% does stack with the already-discounted prices which is quite nice. No Man’s Sky at $21.68 may be enough for me to pull the trigger.

Oh, OK. Yes, the codes are good on the sale prices of everything. In my OP I just meant the codes themselves didn’t stack with each other. Sorry for the confusion.

No Man’s Sky is worth every penny of $22. I went into it long after the hype & gripe storm died down thinking if I spent 10 hours monkeying with it across a handful of planets I would be satisfied. I’m at 248 hours played and will likely go back for more again soon when they release the next update, Beyond, which is supposed to include full multiplayer features (and VR support). BUY IT! ;-)

“full multiplayer features”? What would those be beyond what they implemented last year?

I played probably about 80-some hours and started getting a bit tired of the resource grind, but had a pretty good time till then.

Not a ton of details were released, but supposedly it will be a new game mode called NMS Online that will function more like a typical MMO in terms of everyone sharing the same environment, being able to work better together, and with a UI that is more multiplayer friendly. The current implementation of “multi-player” is more along the lines of “Hey neat, I can see you and your ship! Here, lets trade some space rocks!” and that’s about it.

Drat, it’s back up to $9.99 already. I should have jumped on it quicker.

Fanatical Star Deal today is DOOM 2016 for $5.99 (plus applicable tax for people who don’t live in a state like Oregon, which doesn’t have one).

https://www.fanatical.com/en/game/doom

Fanatical has Idea Factory Games Flash Deals all day long today. A new deal every 2 hours, but the old ones stay active as well. Fairy Fencer F, MegaDimension Neptunia VII, Super Neptunia RPG and many more.

IndieGala has XCOM 2 for a historic low $9.99 as their Crackerjack Deal for the next 48 hours.

Humble Store has a Daedalic Publisher Sale happening.

• Ken Follett’s Pillars of the Earth - $10.19 (66%)
  • Witch It! - $7.49 (50%)
  • Valhalla Hills Complete - $2.99 (85%)
  • Bounty Train - $4.99 (80%)
  • Blackguards Franchise Bundle - $2.99 (85%)
  • and many more

Also on Humble Store, the Rebellion Publisher Sale has discounts on games like Strange Brigade, Sniper Elite series, Rogue Trooper, Zombie Army, etc. However, check prices at the Green Man Gaming Summer Sale first, as they could be cheaper (I know Strange Brigade is).

Speaking of the Green Man Gaming Summer Sale, the weekend deal for 10% off the sale prices has been extended. The code is now SUMMER10, and will net you an additional 10% off any of the Gold, Silver and Bronze level games on sale. Combined with the free games you get with each purchase (and the 15% off coupon when you buy a Gold game) this adds up to some ridiculous deals.

So if I bought Shadow of the Tomb Raider with HELLO10 (which is a gold game), I could them buy Monster Hunter World with HELLO10 + a new coupon I’d get for buying a gold game?

Although, it seems like Shadow of the Tomb Raider is getting ripe for the Humble Monthly.

The 15% coupon you get for purchasing a Gold level game supercedes the SUMMER10 10% discount, so they do NOT stack.

Still, you are better off purchasing your games in separate transactions because:

• You’ll get the 15% coupon from Shadow of the Tomb Raider which you can then apply to Monster Hunter World, making it cheaper
  • You’ll get to choose TWO free games from the Gold Tier, one for each purchase
  • You’ll get TWO Intel Starter Pack codes, which means you can choose 8 of the 10 available free games and DLC/content packs from the promotion

Shadow of the Tomb Raider is also not very good. :)

I’d rank it 3rd in terms of quality , when looking at the new trilogy.

Yeah, I know Shadow isn’t supposed to be that great, but it’s been a while since I’ve played the other 2. I’m not sure how interested I am in getting it now as it seems like a good monthly candidate. In truth, once I let the idea linger a bit I’ll probably convince myself not to get anything as I remind myself of the games I own I still need to play :-)

I’ve been waiting for Monster Hunter World for a long time now, so what’s a bit more!