Bargain Thread 2019

Currently Not Being Sold

This product may come back at a later date, or not. Sorry for the inconvenience.

What happens with a price error like this? Does the store have to pay the Publisher/Developer for the difference for any copies sold with the error?

No judgment on my part, I’m just ignorant of the details.

Per Reddit, this will not be honored by wingamestore due to price error. So expect cancellation email shortly.

Yep its a crapshoot. :)

Hope for the best.

Some free weekends on Steam:

Fanatical Summer Sale is heating up with Flash Deals. A new deal is added to the list every hour. Save an extra 10% with code FANATICAL10 at checkout. So far the reveals include:

• Record of Agarest War - Marriage : Deluxe Bundle - $7.82 with code
  • Monster Hunter World - $24.30 with code
  • Road Redemption - $6.11 with code
  • Cook, Serve, Delicious 2 - $2.92 with code
  • Observer - $6.75 with code

Flash Deals last 48 hours, with a new deal every hour for the first 26 hours.

Fanatical Star Deal today is Shadow of the Tomb Raider : Croft Edition for $32.39 (64%)

Steam has tactical turn-based puzzler RPG Druidstone : Secret of Menhir Forest for $14.99 (40%), a historic low.

Saw this pop up on my feed and thought it was a hidden object game. Bad name.

So all the Fanatical Flash Deals are now live, and there are a couple you shouldn’t miss out on.

Book of Demons is $10.12 with code FANATICAL10. That’s a historic low, and honestly everyone should own this game. It’s design is unique, the art style is very appealing, the music is excellent, and the gameplay fast, furious and addicting. Stop reading this and go buy it.

Thief Deadly Shadows Pack is $5.40 with code. Contains Thief and Thief Deadly Shadows.

Viking age RTS Ancestor’s Legacy is $12.59 with code, which is a historic low.

Feeling like a RTS game nostalgia trip? Warlords Battlecry III is $1.79 with code.

Try out Early Access Norse Mythology online sandbox survival RPG Valnir Rok for only $0.89 (95% off) with code.

Finally, get the Strategy Legends Bundle for $8.99 with code. Contains Distant Worlds Universe, Pandora : First Contact, and Star Hammer : The Vanguard Prophecy.

For an even better deal, with each purchase of a flash deal you’ll get a 12% off coupon good on your next purchase. So start with something cheap, like Warlords Battlecry III or Valnir Rok (or there are several other games under $3), then turn around and use the code to save a little extra on a larger purchase like Monster Hunter World, OverCooked 2, Ancestor’s Legacy or Book of Demons.

Sale ends in 33 hours, so get your bargain on soon!

No. Play the demo first. I did and found it completely underwhelming. I would never pick this over a proper ARPG or action game. Maybe it’s suitable if you’re very pressed for time or casual or don’t mind the on-rails movement and lack of animation.

It might be nice to get WBC 3 as a digital version. Damn, that game has some nice features, but it really could use a modern update.

Speaking of older games, it looks like GoG is doing a sale on almost all of Heroes of Might and Magic. Here is the Slickdeal website.

I would recommend Heroes of Might and Magic 3, but since you probably already have it, grab 5. It’s probably the 2nd best HoMM game, and has the added bonus of every faction unit having 2 possible upgrades.

Oh, and it seems to have the Might and Magic Games as well, but I am less familiar with those.

Yeah. Book of Demons sounded interesting but the demo made it clear it wasn’t for me. It’s definitely worth trying before buying.

Damn, the trailer on that page is terrible quality. They must’ve taken it from some 2004 YouTube video.Also, I’m surprised that their mystery bundle is the top seller right now.

You guys are banished from the Bargain Thread, get out. You are now dead to me…DEAD TO ME I SAY!!!

;-)

Seriously though, I get that it may not be for everyone. I love ARPGs, and I found Book of Demons to be a fantastic break form the bog-standard ARPG design of explore, kill, loot, repeat. In fact, I’d hesitate to even classify it as an ARPG, as the design is so unique. Yes, it’s on rails, and yes, it doesn’t have the normal animation you’d expect because the entire concept is that your playing a paper character in a paper world (and the animations are geared around that). But I think the design decisions including customizing your character through the cards and the subsequently customizing the cards as well, the ability to customize your session by choosing how deep you want to venture (and thus how much time you want to play) and the overall art style, music and humor gave the game a lot of appeal and charm. It was on my list of Top 10 Games of the Year last year.

I would LOVE to see enhanced versions like “Warlords Battlecry III HD” and “Warlords III : Dark Lords Rising HD”. The entire Warlords series was fantastic.

The only slightly negative thing to say I have about the Warlords Battlecry series is that it ruined Warcraft 3 for me. WBC2 came out so soon before Warcraft 3 and was so much better a game. I did buy and play through Warcraft 3 when it came out, but throughout I was lamenting that it couldn’t be more like Warlords Battlecry 2.

That Warlords III: Darklords Rising just disappeared off the face of the earth is disgraceful. It’s one of the best strategy games of its era and probably among the best ever.

UbiSoft must own it now. It really needs to be on GOG.com.

Darklords Rising is just one more of the games from the greatest year of PC gaming ever, 1998.

Warlords III: Darklords Rising is, in my opinion, the best game in the Warlords series.

Those who want to see it available at GOG.com should vote for it on the GOG Community Wishlist.

Only if you don’t count any of the WBC games.

Because those are are unbalanced awesomeness.

I’d agree with that, and I’m 100% all for developers trying something new. In this case, it didn’t really work for me, but clearly a lot of other folks enjoy it. That said, it’s exactly because it’s something genuinely different that it’s worth trying the demo. :)

@legowarrior I never cared much for the Warlords: Battlecry games. They are real-time strategy games while the Warlords games are turn-based.

Man… more games need a drunken Dwarf rush.

HIC! HIC! HIC! HIC!